Creatine FAQ

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

@Chain

Chain
    • RSN:Chain Is Law
    • IRC:[CP]Chain

What should of creatine should I buy?
Creatine monohydrate. Plain and simple. No need for any fancy designer creatines. It is proven to work. It is cheap. The typical 200 serving tub will last for will last for at least 3 months.

What exactly does creatine do?
*Provides extra energy for your muscles
*Causes volumization of muscles (just increases the size)
*Reduces lactic acid build up
*Increases protein synthesis

What are the side effects of taking creatine?
There is a possibility of bloating. This, however is temporary and you don't need to worry about it. There have also been anecdotal stories of muscle cramping and dehydration. If you are worried about this, drink an extra litre of water or so, on top of the 4 litres + you should be drinking.

Will I lose my gains when I stop taking creatine?
Creatine generally leads to two types of gains. You can build more muscle due to the added strength creatine can provide and you can retain more water in the muscles. The muscle which you gain as a result of increased strength is the same as all other muscle. It is as permanent as muscle you gain when you don't use creatine. This will not be lost when you stop taking creatine. However, the water retained in the muscle is temporary. This will most likely be lost when you stop taking creatine.

How much creatine should I take each day?
3g - 5g.

What is loading / the loading phase?
Loading is the period of time where you increase your daily dose of creatine to increase the level of creatine in your muscles so that it is available for use. It usually lasts for one week.

How much creatine should I take during the loading phase?
20g - 25g a day, 1 week - 10 days. This amount should be divided into 4 daily servings.

Do I need to load?
No. Loading is probably not needed. However, creatine is cheap. If you want to load to gain any possible benefits of loading then it is fine to do so. Make sure to increase your water intake if you are concerned about dehydration etc.What is the maintenance phase?

What is the maintenance phase?
This is the rest of the time you spend using creatine. Once you have completed a loading phase, you must keep maintain the levels of creatine in your muscles. This is usually done by taking 3g - 5g a day.

Should I cycle creatine?
It is not known whether it is beneficial or not to cycle long term. Once again I would do so if you are concerned. I'd advise for every month you use creatine, take 2 weeks off, minimum.

What time of the day should I take creatine?
Any time of the day will do. You don't need to take it pre-workout, post-workout, pre-bed or any other important time. All that matters with creatine is that you take it regularly over a long period of time (4 - 12 weeks approx.).

Some people like to take their creatine with their post-workout meal as many people include sugars in this meal which may aid absorption and distribution of creatine.

Will it cause testicle shrinkage?
No.

I am considering using CEE (creatine ethyl ester) or krealkalyn. Do they work?
Read this: http://www.bodybuildingforyou.com/fo...037-post1.html

Useful link: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=100831

Can protein supplements be taken with creatine supplements?
Yes. The two supplements are unrelated. Just be aware that some protein supplements contain creatine already (such as Nitrotech and some weight gainers) and extra creatine may not be required.

Quick note:
In my experience, I have never experienced any side effects from creatine supplementation. None of the people who use it who I know have either.

Only consider using creatine when you have a proper diet. You must eat enough calories, protein, carbs and fat a day to gain muscle. If you don't, your body will have nothing to build muscle with. Supplements aid the process but if the process is not happening, they aid nothing and are wasted. GET A DIET.

Posted Image

$Furl

Furl

GOT THA STICC

• RSN:
    • IRC:
the fuck is creatine Posted Image

Posted Image

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
ty 4 this.

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

Guest_AlexWAAR_*

Guest_AlexWAAR_*
Interesting

Pat

Pat
    • RSN:CP3784683264
Shoulda added where you can get Creatine.

Posted Image

$Humble

Humble

Who says money cant grow on trees?

If you plan on taking creatine, be prepard to drink 2Litres of water EVERYDAY or gf.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/880/16humble.png

http://a3.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/555434_296227813800628_100002402344572_627712_1009605407_n.jpg

Melanie Iglasias <3 Spoiled Below

Spoiler

$Pink

Pink
    • IRC:[CP]Pink
Honestly, I've never used Creatine in my life. I know many people on my football team that do.

When I compare using my Whey Protein to using Creatine, I create just as much muscle size...

It provides protein synthesis, meaning you break down proteins faster, helping you build muscle.

In short... I've become stronger by just using whey protein than using creatine. If you want to get started, creatine is great, but when you already have some muscle, I recommend just using whey. No reason to use more money.

http://puu.sh/2l0JH.jpg

R.I.P Pinkaroundme - August 23, 2003 - October 24th, 2010

Pinkaroundme Was Resurrected From the Dead On May 19th, 2014

Part of Corrupt Pures since October 1st, 2009

Former High Council of Corrupt Pures

"Cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

In the sweat of thy brow shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;

for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art,

and unto dust shalt thou return."

-Genesis 3:17-19 King James Bible

Spoiler

$Oneddd

Oneddd
    • IRC:Oneddd

View PostPink, on 15 April 2012 - 12:07 PM, said:

Honestly, I've never used Creatine in my life. I know many people on my football team that do.

When I compare using my Whey Protein to using Creatine, I create just as much muscle size...

It provides protein synthesis, meaning you break down proteins faster, helping you build muscle.

In short... I've become stronger by just using whey protein than using creatine. If you want to get started, creatine is great, but when you already have some muscle, I recommend just using whey. No reason to use more money.
It's best to use both. Creatine is dirt cheap compared to whey and you'll see better results in both strength and hypertrophy, if you use both. SO USE BOTH. Oh and stock up on Multi-Vitamins like Orange-triad and some Omega 3 Fish Oil pills for maximum results. A strong brain can improve protein synthesis and multis can improve joint strength and do other stuff as well.
******CP MASTER RACE******
Feb. 15 09'

$Pink

Pink
    • IRC:[CP]Pink

View PostOneddd, on 15 April 2012 - 02:37 PM, said:

It's best to use both. Creatine is dirt cheap compared to whey and you'll see better results in both strength and hypertrophy, if you use both. SO USE BOTH. Oh and stock up on Multi-Vitamins like Orange-triad and some Omega 3 Fish Oil pills for maximum results. A strong brain can improve protein synthesis and multis can improve joint strength and do other stuff as well.
omega 3 definitely good point

http://puu.sh/2l0JH.jpg

R.I.P Pinkaroundme - August 23, 2003 - October 24th, 2010

Pinkaroundme Was Resurrected From the Dead On May 19th, 2014

Part of Corrupt Pures since October 1st, 2009

Former High Council of Corrupt Pures

"Cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life;

Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field;

In the sweat of thy brow shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground;

for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art,

and unto dust shalt thou return."

-Genesis 3:17-19 King James Bible

Spoiler

Siik

Siik
    • RSN:Clappin

View PostFurl, on 13 April 2012 - 12:17 AM, said:

the fuck is creatine Posted Image

lol most of my friends use it before they work out

Posted Image

Posted Image