Question to Pop on Bench press

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

I currently weigh 144 pounds 5 Ft 10 inches. My "max" bench press is 140 Ibs
Is that expected for my weight? Or above/Below Average?

By the end of May i want to add at least 5-6 pounds in muscle weight so that i will eventually weigh 150 Ibs.
Realistically what should my max bench press be at that time?

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$K-0ed-4-G00d

K-0ed-4-G00d

sonic the hedgehob

• IRC:im going to kill u sonic
Posted Image

gas money

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Attention fellow Corrupt Pures : I am k-0ed-4-g00d and I approve this message
"I Support [CP]David for Warlord"
Posted Image
Spoiler

$David

David

The grass ain't greener on the other side it's just blue

• RSN:Horseface
    • IRC:[CP]David
LOL WEAK ASS U AINT NO 140

she send me pictures to my iphone

Posted Image

then I gotta clear em cause my girl be checking my phone

Ex-@Leader of the Best & Most Aspiring Pure Clan

Awards
Spoiler

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

David boo just cos you only max at 60 ibs doesn't mean we all do you silly goose :lol:

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$Ipunchb4bys

Ipunchb4bys

The Dutch Legend

lbs to kilo please

http://fc05.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/033/3/d/signature_van_der_vaart_by_kaiser97-d4oewqz.png

Posted ImagePosted Image

Spoiler

Pure King170

Pure King170
    • RSN:Lmao U Mad
IMO doing your max weight is pointless if your only going to do a rep, its better if u stick to 6-8 reps if u want to build muscle.

Edited by Pure King170, 13 April 2012 - 06:30 PM.

Pat

Pat
    • RSN:CP3784683264

View PostK-0ed-4-G00d, on 13 April 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Guest_AlexWAAR_*

Guest_AlexWAAR_*

View PostK-0ed-4-G00d, on 13 April 2012 - 06:17 PM, said:

Pop

Pop
    • RSN:L0L
    • IRC:Pop_R1ne
By you saying 68lbs is your max lb to bench,im assuming you can only do it 1-2twice. And it doesnt matter the weight,if you struggle with it then so be it,it works for you.I am also assuming you can get around 8-12 reps or at-least 6-8reps with lesser lbs of around 40?...I do not suggest maxing out with 68lbs on the barbell bench,unless you plan on eventually being decapitated by the bar slamming right on your throat screaming for help or rather dead.

You can slowly increase bench press weekly,Let it be dumbell or barbell(my personal preference is now dumbell bench,it focuses on my stabilization muscles and less pressure on shoulders compared to as to barbell)..Try making your range 8-12 reps because i assume you have no spotter...If you cannot do more than 5 reps,you are doing way tomuch and put that shit down. If you can do more than 12.Add a bit more.So realistically your rep range can be 7-11.The next week or 4 days (w.e the amount of rest days till you hit it again,im assuming 3days-weeks time) Try to out beat your last performance by a bit by trying to go up just a little.You will slowly get stronger,just dont slack trying to do same weight every week

Me also assuming your carbs arent cut,due to you trying to get bigger.If your protein intake is high and cals above maintanence a bit. (throw in some fiber aswell) you can get a lb-1.5 of muscle by then if done well.Aswell will of course your bench max moving up
Posted Image

Pure King170

Pure King170
    • RSN:Lmao U Mad

View PostPop, on 13 April 2012 - 07:35 PM, said:

By you saying 68lbs is your max lb to bench,im assuming you can only do it 1-2twice. And it doesnt matter the weight,if you struggle with it then so be it,it works for you.I am also assuming you can get around 8-12 reps or at-least 6-8reps with lesser lbs of around 40?...I do not suggest maxing out with 68lbs on the barbell bench,unless you plan on eventually being decapitated by the bar slamming right on your throat screaming for help or rather dead.

You can slowly increase bench press weekly,Let it be dumbell or barbell(my personal preference is now dumbell bench,it focuses on my stabilization muscles and less pressure on shoulders compared to as to barbell)..Try making your range 8-12 reps because i assume you have no spotter...If you cannot do more than 5 reps,you are doing way tomuch and put that shit down. If you can do more than 12.Add a bit more.So realistically your rep range can be 7-11.The next week or 4 days (w.e the amount of rest days till you hit it again,im assuming 3days-weeks time) Try to out beat your last performance by a bit by trying to go up just a little.You will slowly get stronger,just dont slack trying to do same weight every week

Me also assuming your carbs arent cut,due to you trying to get bigger.If your protein intake is high and cals above maintanence a bit. (throw in some fiber aswell) you can get a lb-1.5 of muscle by then if done well.Aswell will of course your bench max moving up
There you go pop explains it way better than i do lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users