Misclique's Guide to EXP Efficiency

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

Misclique

Misclique

Giving out hands like I'm Shiva

• RSN:Misclique
    • IRC:[CP]Misclique
Just wanted to make a guide on how to get the most out of your time on RS. I know some people prefer to play this way, while others that don't have as much time to play as they used might find this guide helpful to get the most exp for the time they do play. This is mainly aimed at skilling which I know majority don't do but I like to do it on my main while I am at NMZ on my pure so hopefully others find this information useful. There is no TL;DR so if you're interested in a specific skill just scroll down till you find it.

This is not a guide on what methods are the best exp rates for a certain skill but rather methods you can use to speed up any method of training you are doing.

AutoHotKeys

To get the most of this guide, having AHK downloaded and set up properly will rate you the most exp/h. Using this simple script. This script is completely legal to use and will have no adverse affects on your account. There is already a guide on this on the forums so I won't go into it again on how to install and setup.

1::RButton
2::MouseMove 0, X, 0, R7
3::LButton
`::Suspend

Replace the "X" with one of the numbers below depending on what you're doing:
37 = This is for mass dropping items that have a "use" option first and a "drop" option second. Items inlcude, ores, logs, fish, etc.
56 = This is for mass dropping but more rare to use because this is for items with "Eat" option first followed by "use" then "drop"
70 = This is used for fast banking and fast "cook/fletch/craft all" option. Picture's below for what I mean for the "70" option.

Spoiler
Spoiler

All this script means is:
1 = Right Click (Mouse)
2 = Will drop your mouse cursor down "x" amount to a destination on your screen
3 = Left Click (Mouse)
` = Will suspend or resume AHK. Basically when you want to turn AHK off or on hit this. NOTE: While AHK is on you will lose the typing functions for numbers 1-3 across the top of your keyboard. Numpad numbers will still work as intended.

Quickly spamming 1-3 will complete all these options perfectly in under a half a second which will make you drop/bank faster and its way faster than any human could consistently do.

COMBAT

Not much to talk about when it comes to combat efficiency. Main points I can make here is:

-DO NOT eat while fighting a monster but rather eat in between attacking another.
-When using a cannon, you can save a tick by using the cballs with the cannon instead of clicking on the cannon itself to reload. (most people do this anyway)

COOKING

Cooking is one of the fastest skills in RS but you can always be even faster.

-This counts for every skill but there's macro and micro efficiency. Certain things you may find worth doing over others. This tip will move the stove or fire closer to your inventory so you minimize the distance you move your mouse. For cooking this isn't the biggest jump in EXP rates but this method can also be used in stun-alching to move your target next to your inventory and that will help a ton. Basically you go to full screen mode while still have the screen the size of fixed mode. Then zooming in and positioning the camera to move the stove next to your inventory as shown below.

Spoiler

-Another method to increase your cooking exp/h is to do whats calling 3 tick cooking. If you've ever noticed when you start cooking a new inventory of food the first 2 fish always cook within the first 3 ticks and then after that every fish takes 3 ticks each. Resetting after every 2 fish cooked can cook a whole inventory is almost half the time it normally takes.

-The last method only works for karam's but its called 1 ticking karam's and apparently it can be up to a mil exp/h but I cannot confirm this right now. All you do this for this is click on a karam, use it on the stove and then just click once on the chat box window. Doing this while combined with the method of moving the stove closer to your inventory it is possible to cook a karam/tick.

THIEVING

I hate this skill with a passion but its possible to make it less brain numbing.

-Using AHK with blackjacking WONT increase exp rates but it will just make thieving twice within the knock-out easier. You cannot spam it to thieve 20 times in one knock-out (sadly). But if you fail to knock out the bandit you CAN spam to knock him out again until he does get knocked out. NOTE: If you're spamming knock-out and you are no longer doing the emote of swinging the club at him, you're already in combat and just climb up the ladder and down to reset him as he cannot be knocked out in combat.  

-If blackjacking isn't your thing and yet you like to have the convenience of master farmer left click only option, there is a way to make it a left click only option on any guard or NPC that the normal action is to attack first. Go into settings and turn on "Right click only" this will move the attack option down and bring up the next option in line to become the new left click option aka "pickpocket" as shown below.

Spoiler

Spoiler

PRAYER

-Similar to 3t cooking, you can also pray a full inventory of bones in less half the time it takes to do automated by right clicking and using on the altar one by one. Use this with AHK for best results. Use the number "37" in place of the "X" shown in the AHK quick guide above to skip over bury and click "use".

WOODCUTTING/MINING/FISHING

If you do not care about the items you're collecting and just the exp you can quickly drop all items in your inventory but using the number "37" in place of the "X" shown above in the AHK quick guide.

FIREMAKING

And the award for most miniscule tip yet I guess sorta helpful if you don't do it is placing the tinderbox in the center of your inventory to reduce mouse travel time. Every bit helps I guess. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You can also train FM in a PvP world in the white knight castle as the bank is right there and it already runs east to west for you.

HERBLORE/CON/SMITHING/FLETCHING/CRAFTING/COOKING/RUNECRAFTING

These are generally fast skills to start off with outside of runecrafting but the only real thing to do here is to bank faster to reduce time. Putting the number "70" in place of the "X" in the AHK quick guide with make it so you can bank quickly and in under 2 seconds when done correctly. First thing is to make it so that "random" number that changes depending on what you took out last changes to "14" if doing something like fletching bows or making potions as you need 14 of each item. So click on the item you want and click "X" and type "14" in so we change that random number to "14". For everything else where you just need a full inventory that number can be anything 28+. Shown below are pictures of what exactly I am talking about because trying to explain that hurt my brain.

Spoiler
Spoiler

One last thing to add is for contruction or runecrafting if you're doing fires/lavas. You can bank quicker by going to a PvP world and using the cammy tele to teleport right next to a bank for instant banking, combined with AHK this helps a ton. Runecrafting can be dangerous this way and if you aren't willing to risk it just use the normal CW to DA and vice versa in a normal world. But construction you will never step foot in the wild so no reason not to do this.

NOTE: Using the rune pouch (not to be confused with the rune pouch from BH) that holds only "3" rune essences is EXP waste after a certain unknown amount of time due to the time if takes to fill and unload vs what it offers. Using the Med, Large and Giant pounches fits the perfect amount to fill and unload once anyway.
75/75Posted Image 86/99Posted Image  90/99Posted Image  52/52Posted Image  94/99Posted Image 92/99Posted Image
Posted Image   Posted Image

$Inu

Inu
    • IRC:Inu
Awesome guide, keep it up

Ty 4 telling me how to Runescape

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sacred

Sacred

We Are Anonymous

• RSN:Sacred Brid
    • IRC:[CP]Sacred

View PostInu, on 17 August 2015 - 08:31 PM, said:

Awesome guide, keep it up

Ty 4 telling me how to Runescape

Posted Image

Disloyal

Disloyal

The One & Only

You sir, are a nerd.

:wub:

Misclique

Misclique

View PostRuneScapk, on 17 August 2015 - 08:39 PM, said:

You sir, are a nerd.

:wub:

LOL! I know majority of people won't ever use these methods but hey...the more you know. ;)
75/75Posted Image 86/99Posted Image  90/99Posted Image  52/52Posted Image  94/99Posted Image 92/99Posted Image

$Shiny

Shiny
    • RSN:8il
    • IRC:┼∞∞┼
hotkey is a must for bridding/p2p events.

Posted Image

sesh

~

🙏

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Misclique

Misclique

View PostShiny, on 17 August 2015 - 08:54 PM, said:

hotkey is a must for bridding/p2p events.

Unless you're using it illegally I really can't see how.

Misclique

Misclique

EDIT: oops

$Sam

Sam

Best There Is

• RSN:Slowkid
    • IRC:[CP]Sam
Impressive guide, thanks.

@Leader 2015-2017

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
@$Shiny means hotkeys, not autohotkey for skilling/etc.

Used Ahk for 75 Crafting a month ago, was gr8.

Btw, you can use the Esc button on keyboard to exit bank easier now btw, saves alot of time during bank skills

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users