Facts about Lebanon (contains oldest city in the world)

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

$Celine Dion

Celine Dion
Lebanon has 18 religious communities.

Lebanon has 40 daily newspapers.

Lebanon has 42 universities.

Lebanon has over 100 banks (that is banks and not branches of a bank).

70% of the Lebanese students are in private schools.

40% of the Lebanese people are Christians (this is the highest percent in all the Arab countries).

There's 1 doctor per 10 people in Lebanon (In Europe & America, there's 1 doctor per 100 people).

The name LEBANON appears 76 times in the Old Testament(bible).

The name CEDAR (Lebanon's tree) appears 75 times too in the Old Testament.

Beirut was destroyed and rebuilt 7 times (this is why it's compared to The Phoenix).

There are 4 Million Lebanese in Lebanon.

There are over 12 Million Lebanese living outside Lebanon!

The first alphabet was created in Byblos (Jbeil).

Byblos (Jbeil) is the oldest, continuously living city in the world.

People say that the cedars were planted by God's own hands (This is why they're called "The Cedars of God", and this is why Lebanon is called "God's Country on Earth."

Jesus performed his first miracle in Lebanon, in Cana (pronounced KAY-nah) of Galilee at a wedding.

The name of BYBLOS comes from the BIBLE!

Lebanon is the country that has the most books written about it.

The Phoenicians (Original People of Lebanon) built the 1st boat, and they were the first to sail ever!

Phoenicians also reached America long before Christopher Columbus did.

Byblos and Tyre are both inscribed on the World Heritage List.

Lebanon was occupied by over 15 countries:(Egyptians-Hittites-Assyrians- Babylonians- Persians- Alexander the greats Army- the Roman Empire Byzantine- The Crusaders- the Ottoman Empire- Britain-France- Israel- Syria).

Lebanon's name has been around for 4,000 yrs non- stop (it's the oldest country-nation's name in the world)!

Lebanon is one of the most populated countries in its archeological sites, in the world!!!

The only remaining temple of Jupiter (the main Roman god) is in Baalbeck (The City of the Sun).

King Solomon Used The Cedars Of Lebanon To Build His Temple In Jerusalem

Although there are different species of cedars around the world, the Cedars of God (which are a sub species of cedrus libani) in Bcharre only grow naturally in Lebanon, only one is found in France that the french stole and shipped back to France before leaving!!

Lebanese since ancient times were known as excellent traders and today the people of Venezuela call the Lebanese people: "The Traders". The America's trader of arms with other countries is of Lebanese origin. The 3 biggest traders of Ivory and Diamond in Africa are Lebanese. (It is taught that they control the underground economy of Africa in universities all over the world)!

The Lebanese people speak the most languages in the world: 10% of all Lebanese speak one language , 38% speak 2 languages , 43% speak 3 languages , 9% speak 4 or more languages. The Most popular languages spoken by Lebanese are Arabic, French, English, Espanol, Armenian, and Syriac.

Until the death of Prime minister Rafiq Al Harriri Lebanon like Switzerland had Banking Secrecy (Seriyyeh Masrifiye) that's why it was called "Switzerland of the East"!

Jeitta Grotto is the 2nd largest cave of stalagmites and stalagtites in the world of the one in the US. 3akkar has the 2nd largest Virgin Forest (Untouched by man yet and I hope not at all) in the world after Canada. Take note I'm comparing Lebanon to countries that are more than 850 times its size.

There are 15 rivers in Lebanon (all of them coming from its own mountains).

Lebanon is the only Asian/African country that doesn't have a desert.

Although most Lebanese people complain about a water issue (water not reaching their houses), Lebanon has enough water from rivers, natural springs, and rains to supply all of the Middle East.

The 1st law school in the world was built in Lebanon (in Downtown Beirut). This made the city inherit the name Mother of Laws Beirut (Imm El Sharaye3 Beirut).

The first 4 countries to perform an open heart surgery (in order): America performed by Michael Dabagheh (Lebanese) , UK , France , LEBANON.

Lebanon's literacy rate is 86.4%.

The inventor of the heart pump is Lebanese too ( Dr . Michael De Bakey )

There are over 350 nightclubs in Beirut alone!

The creator and the production manager of the iPod is Lebanese ( Tony Fadell )

Prof. Elias Corey, winner of the 1990 Nobel Prize for chemistry.

"Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country". Most people associate this quote with a speech made by US President John F Kennedy in 1961. In fact, it came from Gibran Khalil Gibran (Lebanese writer) in book "The Prophet" published in 1923 .

Lebanon is the only non-dictatorial country in the Arab world .

Hassan Kamel Al-Sabbah (Lebanese genius) : Inventor for GE in the 1920s, 52 different patents among one of the first patents on television tubes and solar energy panels. He registered over 70 inventions in the field of electronics.

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
interesting.

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

Meowy

Meowy
tldr stfu
I support David for Leader

Posted Image

Meowy

Meowy
^ stupid fuck
I support David for Leader

Posted Image

$SM0K3