The downfall of Runescape (the main game)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

Obviously there are quite a few people who actually support the Eoc. This group of people mostly consists of questers, skillers and a good amount of pkers/Pmers.

Overall in the pking world and a good portion of the rest game there is really no love for the EOC update. I mean Runescape was already declining in the last two years which probably lead to Jagex bringing in a complete new system since the old school players were leaving despite having the wilderness and free trade back. Guessing they thought it was best to appeal towards a new audience which kinda did make sense. If you think about it, EOC may have been the nail in the coffin but most of us had already decided the fate of Runescape. We were growing tired of it despite having new updates weekly that changed the game significantly even before the EOC update.

Weeks before, EOC released a series of updates and promotions that pretty much gave away experience and gear. The game became a laughing stock, for the none pkers such as the skillers it destroyed any sense of accomplishment they may have had, since people could pretty much buy their stats. (Legally without botting)

For the Pker, the amour change, the overpowered weapons, curses, unnecessary over powered gear and specials destroyed the game well before EOC.
I may be speaking for myself but it just wasn't fun anymore.

Something that many of you don't realize and may come to a surprise is that there was one thing in particular that destroyed the game. None of you will ever have expected this but something we had grown accustom to and loved slowly but surely killed the game. The Grand Exchange did

Yes it was released because of Free trade being removed so you could say the game died when free trade was removed. You know what though? Free trade came back and it never was the same.
The grand exchange was probably the biggest change and cancer this game has ever seen. The sad thing is that it was hidden all this time. The grand exchange is very convenient, but with convenience there is a huge price.

People became anti social
People had the opportunity to level stats quickly which made it easy to get 99s
people just sat around in one spot and could accomplish allot.
The G.E made the rich richer which set a elite in the game. ( the elite controlled the circulation of weapons and over powered gear)

Sure EOC was the final nail in the coffin but the G.E destroyed the Runescape community which was the whole reason why jagex even implemented a new combat system to start excitement and grow a new member base.

This again is all my opinion, so please if you wish state your own! I would like to hear it.

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

Bloods of NY

Bloods of NY
    • RSN:Bloods of NY
ur right

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/7808/100501133047.png

• Proud Ex General of [D]a [M]afia [K]ings
  • Proud Ex Leader of [L]33t [P]k [T]eam
  • Proud Ex Member of [Y]oung [R]ebels
  • Proud Ex Member of [T]op [5]
  • Proud Member of [C]orrupt [P]ures

$Franco

Franco

🚬

• RSN:el loko pity
    • IRC:[CP]Franco
Agreed 100% with you 8loody, G.E destroyed RS.

nice topic.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

$Flop

Flop

Founder of Corrupt Pures

• RSN:U Go N Flop
    • IRC:[CP]U-Go-N-Flop
the main game wont ever die as long as itsf2p and you have people who bitch bout graphics over gameplaii =[
07scape will eventually die if it doesnt become f2p coz no1 new commin into community also if jagex puts shitty updates on it =p and if the cost stays that high lol

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted Image

<]@:3

Spoiler

$Celine Dion

Celine Dion
It will continue to downfall, however I doubt it will die.

BATHING APE

BATHING APE

C.R.E.A.M.

• IRC:[CP]`BAPE
we know. thanks captain obvious

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

(15:50:16) <+[CP]`BAPE> my pk vids?

(15:50:20) <@[CP]Toxine> yeah, your pk trip vids

(15:50:24) <@[CP]Toxine> since you had like

(15:50:26) <@[CP]Toxine> the only decent music

Posted Image

EOP ALWAYS WINS4

EOP ALWAYS WINS4
lol at bape^

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
Pretty much agree with your opinion. The people left on EOCscape will be the ones trying to get on top page of hiscores and the ones who would rather boss & be extremely rich, and dont want to start over.

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Spoiler

$0ynxx

0ynxx
    • IRC:[CP]0ynxx
people are so rich on eoc fuck doing anything else

http://img803.imageshack.us/img803/7651/ntxb9.png

$Feelthef1re

Feelthef1re
So true

After having to deal with trading in 07scape, I realised how much communication was taken out when the GE came in

Posted Image

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users