The New Age - CP's Intro to the OSS

- - - - -

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
37 replies to this topic

@Chain

Chain
    • RSN:Chain Is Law
    • IRC:[CP]Chain

BEFORE YOU START READING: Please give me time to implement some of the things posted here. I made this post before I started actually doing alot of the changes. I'll keep you posted via forums/irc.
http://img651.imageshack.us/img651/4980/corruptpurestext.png

In this topic I will be addressing nearly every aspect of CP. Most of it will be what is currently happening in the clan and some of it will be what we are looking forward to implementing in the future. Straight to the good stuff!

CONFIRMING YOU ARE STILL ACTIVE

Please please please post ON THE FOLLOWING TOPIC I AM ABOUT TO LINK YOU TO, with your current RuneScape display name.. so you DO NOT lose access to these forums/TS/CC. It is very important you do this BEFORE Sunday, March 17th, at 11:59 PM EST.

THE TOPIC YOU MUST REPLY TO: http://www.cp-rs.com...post-your-rsdn/

Requirements

The goal is to have your account meet these combat stats by April 1st. If you are currently a member of CP we want you to do your best, but we will give you extra time if needed. As of now these are our current requirements, meaning if someone wants to join CP they need to meet them when they apply. If they currently do not meet these requirements and they aren't currently Member+ on the forums, they must settle for posting a Community Introduction and train up until they meet them, then post their application.

All of these combat options require: a Community Introduction, 40+ Attack, 10- Defense, and 50+ HP.

Melee: 72+ Strength (w/ 60+ Range)
Range: 72+ Range (w/ 60+ Strength)
Magic: 70+ Magic, DT complete (w/ 60+ Strength AND Range)

Official PK Trips

Starting this upcoming Saturday, March 16th, we will be having mandatory Saturday PK trips. Eventually when the F2P servers are brought back we will go back to the tradition F2P Saturday and P2P Sunday.

These trips will start at 4:00 PM EST, gathering will begin at 3:30 PM EST. Do the time conversions yourself, it's the old trip times. Be prepared with the Team-26 Cape and a decent amount of return sets. Obviously returning is going to be more difficult now since canoes aren't really useful, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

Staff

You can see our current active staff on the side of the website. If you need something please contact these people who will get you an answer as soon as possible.

As you can see we currently have the Warlord rank open, this is due to iPKED/Ron not being able to be active enough during this new transition. We may be looking to fill this spot soon, but not unless we can find the perfect fit. Maybe take this as an oppurtunity to begin using your mic during events, finding leaks, and doing other things that would make you staff worthy (without being told).

Fan Site of Choice

We plan on posting our succesful events on Zybez's RuneScape Community. We had a good experience using this site during our little main clan stint. Overall it has the most positives out of our given options for fan sites so it only makes sense. I suggest staying clear of any other fan site that includes the word "Pure" in it. We're gunna try and get a recruitment topic up for the pure verison of CP on RSC soon.

I suggest you create an account on the RSC forums so you can support the clan: http://forums.zybez.net/

Community Introduction/Special Guest

We have removed the Introduction forum from the Application section because we want this forum to be used more of a way to introduce people into the community, instead of introducing them as a someone that may be joining the clan. Like always if you fill out the form from this point on you will be given Special Guest, which in reality isn't special at all besides the cool looking color that comes with it.

Public Boards (why our forums are setup like this)

One thing we want here in CP is an active community. The size of our community doesn't matter aslong as people are enjoying it. To attract new people into our community though our goal is to prove we have an active community. When a guest is viewing our forums they see only the Public boards. We purposely setup our forums so all of these discussion topics can be seen by the public. What this does is show our community talks about stuff other than RuneScape and is very active amongst several different topics.

Applications (Member through Legend)

ADVANCED THROUGH LEGEND APPS: DO NOT START APPLYING UNTIL I GIVE EVERYONE THE GO AHEAD. I will let everyone know through IRC/TS/RS/FORUMS.

The Member application process will be setup shortly after posting this topic. You can view that and give us any suggestions after.

The Advanced through Legend application process is going to be our new way of doing promotions. Instead of us promoting people just by time spent in the clan, you can prove you want the promotion by applying for it. Each rank will have a criteria that you will have to meet in order to be considered for it. There will be a short form you will have to fill out and post so a staff member can review it in order for you to recieve your promotion.

I personally feel this is a more ethical way to do promotions because I feel in the past we were sometimes promoting people who could careless if they got promoted, and thats not what I want. I want people to treat ranks as if it's something they worked for and earned. It's something you get to show off.

EVERYONE will have to reapply for their old rank, do not get all cry baby on me because it will be an easy process. I promise everyone that had a rank before that you WILL get your old rank back.

Memberlist Management / Forum Rank Management

Just ignore these forums for now. I am keeping the Memberlist Management one here because I know RuneHead will be releasing an 07 version soon. Stay tuned for more updates on this. The Forum Rank Management one will be useless until this following week passes and everyone confirms if they are playing or not.

Attendance System

The Attendance System will be back in business following this upcoming week. Anyone who attended the unofficial trips will be receiving points for them as attendance was taken at them.

It will be ran the same way as before. Please view that forums pinned topics for any more info regarding this. Any questions on the Attendance System can be answered by Andy who is currently in charge of everything to do with this forum.

Member Guides (DO THE GUIDE CONTEST!)

A goal of mine is to create a huge directory of guides related to the OSS. Please share any knowledge you have with us on anything RuneScape related in that forum with a detailed guide. You will currently be awarded for your hardwork.

We are having a guide contest currently to encourage people to make guides, you are getting TONS OF ATTENDANCE POINTS easily by posting them. For more information on the Guide Contest read the current active topic in the "Attendance System".

Hall of Fame

I'm sure some of you have browsed the newly added Hall of Fame. What I want to do with this is create a rank that rewards Legends that aren't active enough at the time to move on to a higher active rank. These people will be acknowledged for their hard work.

You get into the Hall of Fame by vote. Currently every Legend+ gets to view a forum that allows you to see this vote. A poll will be conducted once a month that will allow everyone with access to vote which Legend should get inducted. At the end of the given voting time the person with the most votes will be inducted.

Not only do people that get elected to this rank receive their own forum rank, but they will be given Half-OP access in our IRC for their achievement. Please keep in mind this access can be taken away at any time if abuse occurs.

Misc. Info About Forums/TS/RS/IRC

Forums: We are currently working on getting new graphics for each rank that will appear on each post you make. This will drastically make our forums look more appealing. Continue to be active on the forums because these newly added ranks you can apply to require it.

TS: We are organzing TS over the next week or so. We may change the graphics up in it a bit and you may lose your rank, either way just make sure you are in there so we can become more accustomed to the changes faster and give you back access. Simply, please idle in TS at all times. When you first get on this should be one of the things you do. You don't have to talk to anyone but atleast go AFK in the AFK channel. An active TS is so helpful when it comes to recruiting. It really works wonders, trust me.

RS: I will be cleaning my clan chat over the week. If you get deleted do not freak out. I will be re-adding everyone that posts on the topic like I said above. Make sure you are still idling in my clan chat "Chain Is Law". It makes us look unified when we can all discuss what we are doing in game if we all use the same clan chat.

IRC: Join conversation in IRC. Wear a [CP] tag. You guys have no idea how appealing many tags in IRC is. You are setting an example if you wear one. Make sure it is [CP] at the start of your name if you do intend on wearing one, otherwise it is pointless and defeats the purpose.

Last but not least do your part and encourage activity in all 4 of these given areas. This will seperate you from a free loading member to someone who is actually helping us out.

Posted Image

$Shiny

Shiny
    • RSN:8il
    • IRC:┼∞∞┼
The new era has begun! Everybody should have the requirements ASAP!

Posted Image

sesh

~

🙏

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Lighten

Lighten
    • RSN:Lighten Skyy
Noted.

Time to train up.

Pur3zammy14

Pur3zammy14
    • RSN:D_4_L_Archer
gotta put in your grain of rice. get it done ya feel.
i fuck with emma stone.

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

Corrupt Pure Forever

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012