Foreigners, why do you think guns are bad?

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

$Eric

Eric

Dutch Leader

• IRC:[CP]Eric

View PostLuke, on 23 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostEric, on 23 March 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostLuke, on 23 March 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Also, in countries such as England, 80% of cases of burglary are while people are home. While in America, it's as low as 12%.

You have a source for that? Because that seems highly unlikely that 8 out of every 10 burglaries happen when people are home.

My apologies, was 53%, but still, clearly very high.

http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/heller-02-07-08.pdf

Your chances of being mugged in London are now [as of 2002] six times greater than in New York. England’s rates of assault, robbery, and burglary are far higher than America’s, and 53 percent of English burglaries occur while occupants are at home, compared with 13 percent in the U.S., where burglars admit to fearing armed homeowners more than the police. In a United Nations study of crime in 18 developed nations published in July, England and Wales led the Western world’s crime league, with nearly 55 crimes per 100 people

Side note: Years do not matter as crime is not affected by this

As you point out: 'where burglars admit to fear armed homeowners'. The only reason America is armed to the teeth is because of fear. I can honestly say there wasn't one time in my whole life  of being around I thought: 'wow! Now is a good time to have a gun'.

The US and Western EU are just 2 different places. We have a very good social structure, very high standard of living. People just dont NEED to go out and steal. Isn't it fucked up that you cant feel same in some neighborhoods and you NEED a gun to feel safe? I can honestly say that there isnt one place in the Netherlands that I would be afraid to go too.

In essence this debat isnt how people view gun legislation. It's more about social structure.  Because in all honestly if I would live in the states and my neighborhood had high gun voilence: I would want a gun too.

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted ImagePosted Image

$Flop

Flop

Founder of Corrupt Pures

• RSN:U Go N Flop
    • IRC:[CP]U-Go-N-Flop
tbh

il do mii research in2 dis nd get bak 2 u in a week or sumthin :3 mii knolege on dis topik is lacking thus i ave not developed a proper opinionionionon :3

Posted Image

<]@:3

Spoiler

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
Damn bro nice facts etc

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Spoiler

$Deziqn

Deziqn

duck your taco

• RSN:deziqn
i own one, gotta keep myself protected in these streets @@Blue @@Moe @$Sam @$Fullbuster

Posted Image

$SwanZiE

SwanZiE

another you

• RSN:LOSTBOY74652
    • IRC:[CP]SwanZiE
What do you even need a gun for? To protect yourself?

What about fixing the underlying problems so people don't feel the need to carry a gun in the first place?

Posted Image

$Luke

Luke

Elder Contract Lawyer

• RSN:Realtor
    • IRC:[CP]Luke

View PostEric, on 23 March 2017 - 05:00 PM, said:

View PostLuke, on 23 March 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

View PostEric, on 23 March 2017 - 04:29 PM, said:

View PostLuke, on 23 March 2017 - 04:02 PM, said:

Also, in countries such as England, 80% of cases of burglary are while people are home. While in America, it's as low as 12%.

You have a source for that? Because that seems highly unlikely that 8 out of every 10 burglaries happen when people are home.

My apologies, was 53%, but still, clearly very high.

http://www.aapsonline.org/judicial/heller-02-07-08.pdf

Your chances of being mugged in London are now [as of 2002] six times greater than in New York. England’s rates of assault, robbery, and burglary are far higher than America’s, and 53 percent of English burglaries occur while occupants are at home, compared with 13 percent in the U.S., where burglars admit to fearing armed homeowners more than the police. In a United Nations study of crime in 18 developed nations published in July, England and Wales led the Western world’s crime league, with nearly 55 crimes per 100 people

Side note: Years do not matter as crime is not affected by this

As you point out: 'where burglars admit to fear armed homeowners'. The only reason America is armed to the teeth is because of fear. I can honestly say there wasn't one time in my whole life  of being around I thought: 'wow! Now is a good time to have a gun'.

The US and Western EU are just 2 different places. We have a very good social structure, very high standard of living. People just dont NEED to go out and steal. Isn't it fucked up that you cant feel same in some neighborhoods and you NEED a gun to feel safe? I can honestly say that there isnt one place in the Netherlands that I would be afraid to go too.

In essence this debat isnt how people view gun legislation. It's more about social structure.  Because in all honestly if I would live in the states and my neighborhood had high gun voilence: I would want a gun too.

Chicago, guns are restricted, has one of the highest murder rates in the world because people obviously bring guns in illegally. The point of guns in America was to overthrow a government in which isn't serving the people. It wasn't meant for muskets like how some liberals believe, it's just so if the government is trying to instill laws that the people believe are unconstitutional, they have the right to defend themselves.

Anyhow, yes, there are cities in which you feel unsafe without a gun. Removing guns from America legally will not change anything. People who plan on doing crimes will just break more crimes and put them at a danger level that cannot be matched. If you are a store owner in a city, you will want a gun to protect your store.

Rambled, but just my thoughts

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

King Dete

King Dete
    • RSN:2k17 pures
    • IRC:[CD]Dete
hell ye lmao u dont need them to protect yourself

TAKING RAG TO ANOTHER LEVEL

Posted Image

Posted Image