EOC PKing Guide

• Please log in to reply
38 replies to this topic

$Husky

Husky
    • IRC:[CP]Husky

***THIS IS NOT TO BE MOVED TO PUBLIC BOARDS, CP USE ONLY***

The game is changing, as of November 20th the new combat system will be added to the game and everyone will need to adapt and learn how to play again. This update is not as bad as what everyone thinks. There really is not much of a change to pures as we thought except for the type of armor we will be allowed to use.

I am creating this guide because i want this clan to continue to grow and dominate. This community has turned into a family.

***EOC Combat Guide***

[1]. The basics.

*In EOC you will not only be able to use your weapons to attack another player or monster, but you will also be able to use abilities to inflict higher damage to your enemies. F2P and P2P have different abilities which you can use, each requires a higher level in a combat skill. As most of CP is maxed or nearly maxed i have made this guide using the highest abilities in F2P.

*You have an energy bar, which builds up as you are attacking players or monsters. If you use basic abilities then your energy bar will grow faster. The better abilities require more energy. Once you stop your combat, your energy bar will go down slowly.

*Armor does play a big part in this update, as it gives you more life points the better armor you have.  However, with the different types of abilities you have, and having a vast amount of people, armor will have no use really in this update as the abilities can cause large amounts of damage. There will be NO change the pure community so long as people do not get 50+ defense or 40+ defense.

*Tanking has become much easier with this update, so long as you are not stunned you can rapidly click a custom key and eat your pizzas quickly.

[2]. How to Avoid Defense EXP

*This is very important because I don't want to see anyones accounts getting destroyed over defense experience. Its important that when you log into the game you do this FIRST before doing anything else.

*Click the XP bubble on the bottom right of the what was normally your combat styles tab.
*go through the different settings and change from defense to a different type of style. (image below). Make sure you do this on all of them.

Posted Image

[3]. The Ability Bar & Abilities

*As i said before, most of Corrupt Pures is maxed in the basic combat skills, so i have set up my ability bar for the best use which i would recommend using. However, the ability bar is completely custom so if you feel like you want to change something to yours then feel free to do so, this is just the basic F2P pking bar that i would use.

Let's have a look at what the ability bar looks like;

Posted Image

*Your energy bar is located right above the abilities
*I have both range and melee skills along with a protection prayer with food so that i can quickly switch between my abilities and prayers.

Lets Look at each ability that I am using to understand why and what they do to your enemy.

Posted Image
This is a basic range ability, it requires no levels and no energy to use but gives you a more powerful shot when using. It takes 3 seconds to regenerate before you can use it again.

Posted Image
This is another basic ability that requires only 15 range and no energy to use. Binding shot is similar to using binds as magic, except you don't need runes. Using this ability will stun your target (Explained later below) and binds them for up to 20 seconds (sometimes less). Very useful.

Posted Image
With this ability you shoot two arrows at once, similar to the magic short bow. However it requires that you have at least 50% energy in your bar before using and takes 20 seconds before you can use it again.

Posted Image
This skill requires 25 range to use, but no energy. For 6 seconds the enemy will be damaged (like poison) and if they move from where they were shot then they get 3x the damage.

Posted Image
This is a basic melee ability that you can use that does more damage then just attacking someone.

Posted Image
This ability stuns your enemy for 3 seconds, which is more than enough time to kill someone in large groups.

Posted Image
This is the best melee ability you can use in F2P. It requires that your energy bar is at full, which will happen in large fights and takes 30 seconds to regenerate.

Posted Image
This requires that you have at least 50% of your energy bar. For 10 seconds they will be dealt damage just like poison, if they move then they get 3x the damage amount.

Posted Image
Just like the other skill, this will reduce their damage for 10 seconds by 10%.

Posted Image
This is an important ability that most of you can use, but those with only 1 defense will not be able to. When you click this you can avoid being stun and reduce a small amount of damage done to you for 10 seconds. I would recommend using this ability when you have more than one person attacking you, or a main.

[4]. Recommended Armor

*As I said before, armor plays a big part in this update as it gives you life points when wearing. Monk robes should not be used unless they are required for prep's.

1-9 Defense should look like this.
Posted Image
Coif, Bronze Plate, Bronze legs and MITH arrows with leather boots + gloves.
Yes bronze does VERY well with range and gives life bonus.

10-19 defense levels
Posted Image
Iron helm, Hard leather body, Iron legs and hard leather boots+gloves. make sure you have MITH arrows.

20-29 defense levels.
Posted Image
steel full helm with steel platebody. Use studded chaps with studded boots + gloves. Mith arrows

30-39 Defense levels
Posted Image
Mith helm with mith body, using the new range gear (30 defense). Mith arrows

These are the best options for highest health and strongest with your weapons.
*Make sure you have a melee weapon with you at all times (rune scim or dragon scim)
*MITH arrows must be used instead of Addy arrows as addy only works with your grav. weapons.

[5]. What Does Stunning Mean And Do?

*Certain abilities allow you to stun your enemy which become very useful in smaller and larger fights.

*When you are stunned, you can not move nor eat any of your food for a certain period of time. You are also unable to use any of your abilities so its important that you are paying attention to whats going on so you know what skills to use.

*Some abilities can break stuns so that you can eat and move freely (explained above).

[6]. Important information

*Its important that whatever food you want to use you have it on your ability bar so that you can quickly tap that number or key to eat instead of opening your inventory.

*Maple short bows can only use mith arrows now, addy can only be used with grav. weapons.

I will make a P2P guide later, along with updating this guide when i find more information on it.
If you find anything that needs to be changed, please let me know.

Also, DO NOT SHARE THIS WITH ANYONE.

Gay Pride
¬ Frozen Wuff¬

Posted Image

--Corrupt Since December 21st 2008--

$Charlie

Charlie

Brother Nature

• RSN:Gallaghers
    • IRC:[CP]Charles
Good shit husky :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Kenny

Kenny
    • IRC:[86]
wut
Posted Image

Posted Image

$Franco

Franco

🚬

• RSN:el loko pity
    • IRC:[CP]Franco

View PostKenny, on 13 November 2012 - 12:25 PM, said:

wut
shut up

ot: tyvm for this husky helped me alot tbh

p.s try make a vid if u cna xd

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

$Furl

Furl

GOT THA STICC

• RSN:
    • IRC:
Thanks for this. Amazing guide.

Posted Image

$iP K E D

iP K E D
    • IRC:[CP]iPKED
thanks a lot for this guide it's very good! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

$Husky

Husky

View PostFranco #1, on 13 November 2012 - 12:32 PM, said:

shut up

ot: tyvm for this husky helped me alot tbh

p.s try make a vid if u cna xd

ill make a video next time we go out

Gay Pride
¬ Frozen Wuff¬

Posted Image

Newts

Newts
    • IRC:[CP]Newts
thanks alot seems alot like the league of legends abilities :P which is good, and looks like fighting clans and preps will require alot more skill and precision, thanks husky:)<3

Wadda

Wadda
    • RSN:wadda
cool

Spoiler

(15:05:47) <@[CT]P0ke_N_Die2> u fuck with wadda u fuck with me

(17:17:34) <@[Foe]P0ke_N_Die2> fuck off wadda faggot

(17:17:35) <@[Foe]P0ke_N_Die2> ill ddos

(17:17:57) @[Foe]P0ke_N_Die2 has quit IRC (Ping timeout)

$Husky

Husky

View PostNewts, on 13 November 2012 - 01:01 PM, said:

thanks alot seems alot like the league of legends abilities :P which is good, and looks like fighting clans and preps will require alot more skill and precision, thanks husky:)<3

it requires a lot more skill. You can't just sit there and attack someone and click when you want to eat anymore, you need to use the abilities, wisely, to get the upper hand over someone.

Gay Pride
¬ Frozen Wuff¬

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users