• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

$Sil3nt

Sil3nt
THE ULTIMATE RANGED GUIDE
A COMPLETE RANGED GUIDE

Introduction

Hi there,

In this guide I will explain everything about the skill "Ranged", involving the best training methods, places, gear, and much more.
This guide has been written for the Smokin Mils Guide Competition.

Getting Started

The first thing you should know about ranged, is that it uses ammo.
Thus, you need to head over to a archery shop. You can find one in Varrock:

Posted Image

Of course, you can also use the Grand Exchange to access your goods.
Here, buy your supplies for the first run.

There are two setups at this point:

• Using a shortbow with arrows (Bronze/Iron)
  • Using Bronze knives

Bronze knives train faster, but are more expensive in use, and I highly recommend them.
However, just some arrows will do fine. If you train with arrows, buy a oak, willow, and maple shortbow right now.

Level 1 - 15

The best place to start training, is the chichen house located just north-east of Lumbridge.
Chicken can't kill you, as they will always leave you on 1 LP, what also makes them excellent for players with low defence.
Pick up the feathers, as this will refund the costs of the arrows/knifes.

Posted Image

Once you can wear an Oak Shortbow, wield it and drop the normal one.

Level 15 - 25

As soon as you reach level 15 Ranged, head over to Edgeville.
Go to the house next to the General Store, the one with all the Men in it.
These have more LP, so you won't one hit them, and thus you can get a better XP rate.
Watch out if you have a low defence/hitpoints, as these may kill you. With level 20 def you should be fine.
The mans are actually quite good money for the low-level players. Just pick up all the herbs and bank them.
You could gain a nice amount of profit by killing these http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Posted Image

I recommend to train here until level 25.
Drop your Oak Shortbow and wield your Willow shortbow if you're using bows when you reach level 20.

Level 25 - 50

After level 25, you have a few options:
  • Train at the Stronghold of Security: Good XP rate, but it makes a little bit of money. Food required unless defence is level 40+.
  • Train at the Hill Giants near Varrock: Average XP rate if you can get the giants, and makes a nice amount of money. No food required.
  • Members: If being a member, you can train at Pest Control doing Conquest, or at Soul Wars doing the Soul Wars minigame (link for a guide is in my signature).

Keep training on these spots until level 50. If you enjoy Conquest/Soul Wars, you can train here until level 99. I recommend to spend your Zeal at level 90/91, and you'd need approx 1K zeal to level to 99 from that point, if you hand it in in sets of 100 (due the 10% bonus).

Get a yew shortbow at level 40 if using bows, and a magic shortbow at level 50. Any use of the Dark Bow is not recommended.

Level 50 - 60

Once you are around level 50, you can switch to Fire Giants, who are located under the Baxtorian Falls (Waterfall Quest needed).
Fire giants give a nice amount of XP, and have pretty good drops. Their best drop is a Rune scimitar.

When training at the Fire Giants, I recommend using a bone crossbow + bone bolts, or a rune crossbow (level 61) with broad bolts if you have level 55 slayer. Use mithril/adamant bolts else.
This is especially recommended until you reach level 70. After that level, you can switch back to knifes again if you keep training here..

Posted Image
Baxtorian Falls ~ Fire Giants

Level 60 - 99

As soon as you reach level 60 - 70, you can (depending on your defence/hp level) hunt for green and/or blue dragons.

Use the Blue Dragon in the Heroes Guild (If you can enter it you know where it is) in the dungeon there.
You can use a cannon here if you want to use it for slayer tasks, as when it keeps hitting high it's actually profitable.

Green Dragons: There are two common spots in the Wilderness, one north of Clan Wars (recommended) and one north-west of Edgeville.
There is also a lair with Green Dragons and Baby black dragons in the Chaos Tunnels. Guides have been written about these locations all over these forums, so you could look there.
Revoked's guide includes the way to the Chaos Tunnels.

Green Dragons wont be safespotted, so think of that when choosing your training location. Fire Giants will still work great.
Blue Dragons can always be safespotted, especially the one in the heroes guild. That's a safe option to train at.
I don't recommend training in the Stronhold of Security anymore.

Another popular way, but one that doesn't make money, is hunting yaks (The Fremmenik Islands: Started is required).

Chinning

Chinning is the fastest way to train ranged, and you can gain over 250k XP each hour.
This is the most recommended gear to chin:

There are two main spots used for chinning: The mummies in the chaos tunnels, and the monkeys in the Ape Atoll dungeon. I am not experienced with chinning, as I only chinned about 400k XP (lol).
However, silentc0re explains it quite nicely in this video:

Ranged Guild

The Ranged Guild can be found near Hemenster, a bit south-west of Camelot and a tad north of Ardougne.
Everyone with at least a ranged level of 40 or higher, can enter this guild.

In the Ranged Guild, there are various shops. It's the only place where you can buy arrow tips, thrownaxes and javelins, next to the Grand Exchange. Ofcourse you can also buy the Ranged Cape here http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Posted Image
The Cape of Achievement

The Ranged Guild also has a minigame in it. In this minigame, you need to aim at targets for points.
These points will be switched into "Archery Tickets", and you can use these to gain various prices, as a green dragonhide body, and barb bolttips.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Once you reach level 99, you will be the owner of one of the nicest skillcapes http://illiweb.com/fa/i/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sil3nt

RSN: CP1337696969

Clan: Corrupt Pures

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Weak

Weak
    • IRC:[CP]Weak
You would look like a badass in this cape.

Posted Image

$Sil3nt

Sil3nt
only this is if you bot ranged guild your fucked lol auto ban only use this guide if your gana do it legit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sil3nt

RSN: CP1337696969

Clan: Corrupt Pures

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
lol rapeageee

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
+1s

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

Y I Pwn U1

Y I Pwn U1
    • RSN:Y I Pwn u1
    • IRC:CP l PWN
I got that shit lol 99 range was my first 99 stat :)
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users