Guide to Summoning

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

$Sil3nt

Sil3nt
Here's the basics for charm collecting...

Golds: The cheapest charms in RunScape. Mostly used in the beginning of training Summoning. These charms can best be found by killing (from best to semi-good) Werewolves, Ogress Champions, Giant Rock Crabs, Jogres, Moss Giants, Ice Warriors and Hellhounds- often killed because they only drop charms(mostly gold/greens)/Clue scrolls (hard) and in Kuradels' cave, Ferocious Rings... I would not recommend hunting for these charms if you have a higher Summoning level (55+) --You receive a good amount from completing A Wolf Whistle quest.

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/were_w10.jpg

Green: The second worst charms, but better than golds. These charms are in my opinion easier to get than Golds. But for players with a higher Summoning level, they would want to rely on Crimsons/Blues more. These charms are most commonly dropped by: Baby Black dragons, Jelly's, Cave Bugs, Green Dragons, and for higher combat players, Mithril Dragons.

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/jellie11.jpg

Crimson: Most likely the best charm to receive because it not only gives very good experience, but is much more cost efficient than Blues. These charms are used by many high combat players because of their experience rate and drop rate by monsters. As for monsters that drop these the best, I'd like to start of with high combat players, the well known, King Black Dragon is one of the best, if not the best crimson charm dropper because it drops crimsons in 3. It also drops it very often; a higher combat player with good armor can receive 70+ crimson charms a trip and loot to pay for the use of charms. Other monsters that drop good crimson charms are water-fiends, but those can be a nuisance for lower players, but with a drop % of 70%+ they can be very good. Nechryaels are good, along with abyssal demons, which I'd also recommend because the chance of receiving a whip drop.

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/king_b10.jpg

Blue: The greatest experience giving charm in the game. For those with lots of money to spend, these charms can get you many Summoning levels very quickly. But at the cost of a good amount of money. These charms can offer anything from 59-1015 experience, depending on the pouch. These charms are more difficult to find for lower level players because the monsters that drop them are usually higher combat and more difficult to kill. As for the monsters that most drop these the most common would be the Tormented Demon which I'd highly recommend for higher combat players. You can walk out of a Tormented Demon trip with 30+ Blue charms and even a highly valued pair of Dragon claws. But if you're looking for an easier way to get these charms, you would want to kill Dark Beast, Gargoyles, Tormented Wraith, and Kalphites (all levels).

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/kalphi10.jpg

Abyssal: These charms are not to be replaced with other charms, but included as a tertiary to make abyssal familiars. There are only 4 monsters that drop these charms: Abyssal Leeches, Guardians, Walkers and Demons (not likely). These should be collected if you want a good experience rate for your green charm usage because the familiars that use them need green charms (Abyssal parasite, Abyssal lurker, Abyssal titan)

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/abbys_10.jpg

Obsidian: Just like Abyssal charms, these are dropped by only 4 monsters and can only be used to make 3 different pouches. They are dropped by TzHaar-Hur, TzHaar-Ket (2) TzHaar-Mej, TzHaar-Xil (2). You can make Spirit Tz-Kih, Obsidian golem, and Lava titan with these charms. These can also give good experience because of the difficulty to get the charms.

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/tzhar_10.jpg

Ravager, Shifter, Spinner, Torcher: These charms are used to make void pest pouches and can only be bought through the use of commendations received by playing Pest Control or Conquest. They can make 4 different pouches all having to do with their names.

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/void_c10.jpg

Other ways to get charms:
- Killing Bork daily for a 100% charm drop of 5 Blue, 7 Crimson, 2 Green, which is doubled upon completion of the Varrock Diary 4.
- Thieving Dorgesh-Kaan Average Chest and Dorgesh-Kaan Rich Chest.
- Random event gift
- Soul Wars Rewards
- Looting a Spirit Impling
- Hunting Charm sprites

http://i65.servimg.com/u/f65/15/85/44/57/bork_b10.jpg

Other ways expanded...

There are people who like to ice burst/barrage rock lobsters for a good charm hunting of crimsons, but it comes at more cost, but you must take into account whether you want to train your magic/summoning at the same time. You can average 200+ crimsons in a good trip.

As for the actual Guide on what to make from 1-99, I'd like to make it as simple as possible.

1-4 is automatically accomplished after completing A Wolf Whistle quest

4-13 Dreadfowl

13-19 Thorny Snail

19-32 Spirit Scorpion

32-42 Honey Badger

42-52 Evil Turnip

52-61 Spirit Terrorbird

61-74 Smoke Devil

74-83 Granite Lobster

83-89 Spirit Dagannoth

89-99 This is where you can make a choice, if you decided to save all your Blue charms and feel like spending more cash, you can make Geyser Titan pouches and get 99 summoning in 2-3 days time. If you want to do it while saving money, I'd recommend making the best pouch you can make with your greens and crimsons which would be Unicorn Stallions for greens and Swamp titans with Crimsons up till Iron Titans at 95 and Pack-Yaks at 96-99.

As for the course of 1-89 Summoning, you can always just make the BEST familiar you can make at your level with all your charms, that way you receive the most experience per charm, excluding Blues if you want to save them till 89.

So that's the end of my Summoning guide, if you have any questions or concerns, just pm me.

THANK YOU FOR READING AND GOOD LUCK ON YOUR ROAD TO 99 SUMMONING! (or whatever leveled goal you have ;P)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sil3nt

RSN: CP1337696969

Clan: Corrupt Pures

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Weak

Weak
    • IRC:[CP]Weak
Summoning is actually becoming a huge factor on our P2P trips, everyone should read this and follow it.

Posted Image

$Sil3nt

Sil3nt
ik summoning is extremely helpfull its basically an extra person

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sil3nt

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Weak

Weak
    • IRC:[CP]Weak
You would look like a badass in this cape.

Posted Image

$Sil3nt

Sil3nt
dude if you have this cape your a legend tbh

Posted Image

Posted Image

Sil3nt

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Eric

Eric

Dutch Leader

• IRC:[CP]Eric
3 more lvls till cape boys.

Good guide too ;D

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted ImagePosted Image

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
10 more lvls till cape D::::

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Spoiler

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
swaggggggggggggggggggggggg

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Spoiler

Y I Pwn U1

Y I Pwn U1
    • RSN:Y I Pwn u1
    • IRC:CP l PWN
i want to get 99 summoning but to lazy :(
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users