Addition to Ranking System Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Addition to Ranking System (31 member(s) have cast votes)

This idea is NOT the FINAL version that could potentially be implemented. Would you guys like to see something like this in our ranking system?

1. Yes (29 votes [93.55%])

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. No (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote

Ricke

Ricke
    • RSN:Ricke
    • IRC:[CP]Ricke

View PostTristan, on 06 July 2016 - 08:37 PM, said:

What I personally think is that the entire rank system (below elder) should just be reworked including Jack's idea, the time requirement for a rank shouldn't be a big factor in your rank but obviously a guy who just joined shouldn't get Legend or something if he just puts in work for a week. What i'm thinking of is more along the lines if somebody is active and puts a lot of work into the clan for 3-4 months they could get Legend or something along the lines instead of just stagnating around hero for the next 8 months, a lot of people in clans like to see their progression in ranks and such, but with the current rank system there's really no incentive to do anything unless you're going for officer or higher. I believe Ricke or somebody mentioned something like this before where there are 2 seperate ranks, 1 based off time and 1 based off activity and how much you have put into the clan. Because the only way you can see how much somebody has put into the clan is if they are a rank\elder. Another point about this is that some1 can get member, retire a week later, come back after a year and take Legend typically with minimal work. Therefore diminishing the entire reason of the ranks, this is why I personally don't find any of the ranks (member\advanced\elite\hero\legend) to mean anything at all really, just a color on forums\teamspeak and access to the 2 forum areas. Would be willing to elaborate more if anybody cares.

TL;DR Yeah Jack's idea is good, but current pre-staff rank system is pretty pointless.

Yes that was me, I have somewhat of an idea of what I said but the topic has been hidden now and if we need the quote of the post I made ill ask for it.
''I personally don't find any of the ranks (member\advanced\elite\hero\legend) to mean anything at all really''
Yep thats how I feel, I had a good system of it fixing it. With the addition to what @$Potter just said here!

Posted Image

Awards:

Spoiler
Stacks
Spoiler

Ballers
Spoiler

Kingston

Kingston
    • RSN:Kingston_Jr
    • IRC:Kingston
Like this idea. BUT tbh you have so many different RANKS in CP? what do they mean? are they worthless ranks?

@Leader | @Warlord | @High Council | %Council | %Officer | ^Elder | %Hall of Famer | +Legend | +Hero | +Elite Member | +Advanced Member | +Member | +Retired | +Applicant | Guest

You dont need that many "different ranks" the ranks should mean something within the clan and have set roles for each rank to help the clan.

Recruitment shouldn't be down to $Sam & Jordai it should be the whole of CP recruiting friends who they know? not random people who will be potential "SPIES" as we dont need that shit.

@$Potter i can see you put a lot into the clan! you have a great future here! hope ranks can see this for themselves! :wub:

Jordai

Jordai

Emotional Guy

• RSN:Ugly
    • IRC:Beta male

View PostKingston, on 10 July 2016 - 01:10 PM, said:

Like this idea. BUT tbh you have so many different RANKS in CP? what do they mean? are they worthless ranks?

@Leader | @Warlord | @High Council | %Council | %Officer | ^Elder | %Hall of Famer | +Legend | +Hero | +Elite Member | +Advanced Member | +Member | +Retired | +Applicant | Guest

You dont need that many "different ranks" the ranks should mean something within the clan and have set roles for each rank to help the clan.

Recruitment should be down to @$Sam & @Jordai it should be the whole of CP recruiting friends who they know? not random people who will be potential "SPIES" as we dont need that shit.

@$Potter i can see you put a lot into the clan! you have a great future here! hope ranks can see this for themselves! :wub:
I agree.

$Andrew

Andrew
    • RSN:Sica
    • IRC:[-Andrew-]
Take away this Legend-Hero shit and make everyone a member. People who do stuff gets like another higher member rank.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Greg

Greg
    • IRC:''Greg
recruiting shouldn't be required, it will feel like a chore like people who don't like to get post count on forums. Instead host events or encourage people, when you are in a channel and want to recruit go out and ask some people to come. The people who care are going to be the ones that are recruiting, bottom line and forcing people to defeats the purpose.

If you have a bad first impression of a clan because of someone who is not motivated to recruit and make you feel welcome then they most likely won't want to stay. Leave it to the people who want to and baby them through recruiting and make them want to, not force them

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Potter

Potter
    • RSN:JackPotter
    • IRC:[CP]Potter

View PostGreg, on 13 July 2016 - 02:30 AM, said:

recruiting shouldn't be required, it will feel like a chore like people who don't like to get post count on forums. Instead host events or encourage people, when you are in a channel and want to recruit go out and ask some people to come. The people who care are going to be the ones that are recruiting, bottom line and forcing people to defeats the purpose.

If you have a bad first impression of a clan because of someone who is not motivated to recruit and make you feel welcome then they most likely won't want to stay. Leave it to the people who want to and baby them through recruiting and make them want to, not force them

It's not forcing people to recruit, it's preventing them from ranking up if they don't.  I am now proposing we make people recruit at elite, which is 2 months+ of activity, so advanced member is easy to get.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Greg

Greg
    • IRC:''Greg

View PostPotter, on 14 July 2016 - 01:56 AM, said:

View PostGreg, on 13 July 2016 - 02:30 AM, said:

It's not forcing people to recruit, it's preventing them from ranking up if they don't.  I am now proposing we make people recruit at elite, which is 2 months+ of activity, so advanced member is easy to get.
maybe but I still feel that it is not something that should be mandatory for ranks, maybe hosting events for that or encouraging it

Posted Image

Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users