Starting Strength Guide

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

$Oneddd

Oneddd
    • IRC:Oneddd
When Mark Rippetoe designed Starting Strength, he made it in a way that would allow the typical scrawny guy to bench 225lbs, squat 315lbs, and deadlift 405 lbs in just 6months. It wasn't intended for everyone. What I mean by that is that it focuses more on improving strength, rather than building a great physique. I hate how people try to shove this routine down your throat as a beginner. Sure it's a good routine, if you want to be a fat cow at the end of those 6 months. But if you're looking to build a great physique, a 3 or 5 day split will suffice.

If you're just looking to become a power lifter or are training for football or any other contact sport and are looking for strength, this is the routine for you. (If you're willing to look like shit)
******CP MASTER RACE******
Feb. 15 09'

$Celine Dion

Celine Dion
Last time I started my strength was at the lumbridge tutor?

Failed Hiitz

Failed Hiitz
    • RSN:Number1Mini
fake + gay

cig

cig
    • RSN:el cigarollo
make sure u add some accessories so u wont become t rex mode

not that it's fucking glorious, but the youth of today is so fucking vain.
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image

What you learn from these pictures:
1. Do not touch power lines.
2. Do not idle around suspiciously in the middle east, else MURRICA will shoot you down
3. There is nothing you can do to keep some asshole in a car from running you down.
4.YOLO

cig

cig
    • RSN:el cigarollo

View PostOneddd, on 14 April 2012 - 07:05 PM, said:

When Mark Rippetoe designed Starting Strength, he made it in a way that would allow the typical scrawny guy to bench 225lbs, squat 315lbs, and deadlift 405 lbs in just 6months. It wasn't intended for everyone. What I mean by that is that it focuses more on improving strength, rather than building a great physique. I hate how people try to shove this routine down your throat as a beginner. Sure it's a good routine, if you want to be a fat cow at the end of those 6 months. But if you're looking to build a great physique, a 3 or 5 day split will suffice.

If you're just looking to become a power lifter or are training for football or any other contact sport and are looking for strength, this is the routine for you. (If you're willing to look like shit)
you only look like shit if you follow everything rippletits said to the T, including gomad, including eating like 4k+ calories a day

besides, imo, having a strength base is always better instead of doing a hypertrophy routine from the get go and losing your noob gains on looking strong but not actually being strong
Posted Image Posted Image

What you learn from these pictures:
1. Do not touch power lines.
2. Do not idle around suspiciously in the middle east, else MURRICA will shoot you down
3. There is nothing you can do to keep some asshole in a car from running you down.
4.YOLO

Kembe X

Kembe X
    • RSN:Kembe X
    • IRC:[CP]Kembe
how do we get high str in runescape tho? we dont care bout this shit
Posted Image

Moorcus

Moorcus

Neighborhood Nigga

• RSN:M oor
    • IRC:[CP]

View PostKembe X, on 22 December 2013 - 10:17 PM, said:

how do we get high str in runescape tho? we dont care bout this shit

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Nate

Nate

#bucket-team

• RSN:Papi Nawrus
    • IRC:[CP]Nate or `Nate
Not bad

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ex %Council of Leet Tactics (closed)

Ex %Officer of Activation (closed)

Ex +Oldschool of Massacre (closed)

Ex %Elite of Conviction V1 (inactive)

Current +Retired of Corrupt Pures

~Corrupted Since 2013

$Potter

Potter
    • RSN:JackPotter
    • IRC:[CP]Potter
Lol is this a fucking joke or something? Does it look like I have time to fuck around with your shitty suggestions? It's called Nightmare Zone you half-wit hodor looking mother fucker. Learn the real ways by equipping holy sandals and an amulet of torture. Bye.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Sikh

Sikh

I aren't think so

• RSN:Gilded Wins
    • IRC:Sikh
Starting strength is legit as fuck if you want to be a 35% BF repulsive power lifter.

^Washed Up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users