Question about mains

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

Taneks

Taneks
    • RSN:Taneks
    • IRC:CP
I don't know that much on the whole clan scene, but it was really annoying the weekend before last when a level 123 whips you while smiting and kills you while you're forced to pray range.

Ports

Ports
    • RSN:Yaz X Capo
    • IRC:[CT]Ports

View PostSwanZiE, on 04 May 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

We are obviously contributing to the problem. Every clan that brings mains does that.

Only way to 'fix' the problem is if every clan stops bringing mains but we all know that's not going to happen...

This

Posted Image

$Ftw

Ftw

#Jonko

• RSN:Jonko Squad
    • IRC:[CP]Ftw
Posted Image

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Jordai

Jordai

Emotional Guy

• RSN:Ugly
    • IRC:Beta male

View PostBlitze, on 04 May 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Nice question @$Luke
I honestly think we are contributing to the problem. Even if mains are necessary nowadays in trips, I guess we could start not bringing them and see what the other clans do (maybe they start bringing them slowly, who knows).
Not bringing mains is gonna hurt us, of course, but atleast we will keep the pure shit real, as It should be
@$Blitze i agree wiv u slightly but, if u think about it. Mains will always be in the pure community at this age in time, it wouldn't stop people from bringing mains if we didn't, plus tbh we legit bring 3-4 mains per trip, whereas you have supremacy with 20+, tlp with 10+, Eop with unlimited, doom started bringing mains...etc.

Connor

Connor
    • RSN:C_H_4_N_C_E
    • IRC:[CP]Connor

View PostSwanZiE, on 04 May 2016 - 08:25 AM, said:

We are obviously contributing to the problem. Every clan that brings mains does that.

Only way to 'fix' the problem is if every clan stops bringing mains but we all know that's not going to happen...

Posted Image

Corrupt Since 2008

$Lila

Lila

Per Mare Per Terram

• RSN:L i l a
    • IRC:[CP]Lila

View PostBlitze, on 04 May 2016 - 08:03 AM, said:

Nice question @$Luke
I honestly think we are contributing to the problem. Even if mains are necessary nowadays in trips, I guess we could start not bringing them and see what the other clans do (maybe they start bringing them slowly, who knows).
Not bringing mains is gonna hurt us, of course, but at least we will keep the pure shit real, as It should be
Agree, its just gonna have to be a clan community decision, theres no way some clans will agree because it will make them irrelevant

Posted Image

Awards & Gifs:

Spoiler

Drunk

Drunk

"Avec tactiques supérieures."

• RSN:Drunkin R2h
    • IRC:[CP]Drunk
It won't stop since you have guys in tlp eop doom who really take pk trips seriously. The best way to think of pk trips is like the rap game. Back in the day you could just roll with your squad and not worry about much but ever since muh boy 50 got ran up on you need to carry around body guards like Drake.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s

View PostDrunk, on 04 May 2016 - 09:40 AM, said:

It won't stop since you have guys in tlp eop doom who really take pk trips seriously. The best way to think of pk trips is like the rap game. Back in the day you could just roll with your squad and not worry about much but ever since muh boy 50 got ran up on you need to carry around body guards like Drake.

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Spoiler

Greg

Greg
    • IRC:''Greg
Don't bring mains it is that simple. It will give chances for newer people to step up if callers and fall ins get camped by mains, it's shitty but if we can stop and get others to stop it will die down. But we also can't help retarded clans calling mains to come crash, or butthurt sv to crash

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Desley

Desley

Yeah

• RSN:LowCountries
    • IRC:[CP]Desley

View PostFatal, on 04 May 2016 - 08:31 AM, said:

because they care about losing in 2k16, on a 2k7 game.

What's wrong with to care about losing, infact I think we've always been the clan that cares about not losing.

OT: I was kinda hoping in 2012 with the release of osrs, that maybe, pure clans would actually be pure clans again. Seeing as there was/is absolutely no point in getting 30 defence as a "pure". So it's pretty funny to see that the pure community even got more cancerous than it already was in pre-eoc. Hence I think we can't complain about mains, when the majority of "pures" are 30 defence, and are therefore more main than pure. So that clans now even bring whole fucking main teams isn't really a surprise anymore, we (the pure community) have been using 30 def mains for years.
I am pretty sure Cp was the first pure clan to start getting mass 30-39 defence (on both pre-eoc and osrs) and therefore I do believe we have infact been contributing to this problem since day 1.

With all that bein said, I do think clans that bring those actual main teams are far more worse than the 30 deffers we have, and that we do need the 4 or 5 mains with us to snipe off their mains. And despite of all our 30 deffers, I'm proud that we're probably the only clan that doesn't need more mains than pures to actually fight in the wild.

Posted Image

Corrupted, since 2009

@Leader of #Team-B, 2009-2012

@Warlord of team #Dutchies, 2011-2012

Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users