What's some genuine advice you have for people?

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

Joey

Joey
    • RSN:swag
    • IRC:bitch

Joey

Joey
    • RSN:swag
    • IRC:bitch
quote on my desktop for the day:
Posted Image

$Jasper

Jasper

Més Que Un Clan

• RSN:AFC AJAX
    • IRC:[CP]Jasper
Do w/e defak u want.

Ex @High Council 2014 - 2017

Posted Image

Posted Image

Awards
Spoiler

$Toxine

Toxine

One & Only

• RSN:Toxine
    • IRC:[CP]Toxine
Dont procrastinate , time flys

@Leader 2010-2012

^Elder Dec. 2012~

Posted Image

$Flop

Flop

Founder of Corrupt Pures

• RSN:U Go N Flop
    • IRC:[CP]U-Go-N-Flop
aim low so ur neva dissapointed D:

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted Image

<]@:3

Spoiler

@Stoned

Stoned

The Dab King

• RSN:Stoned God
    • IRC:Stoned
Be careful who you trust, plenty of snakes in the grass everywhere. I've learned many times that people I thought were my friends were only in it for themselves.  

Hell, I can count the people I really trust on 1 hand, nuff said.
Posted Image
Posted Image

$Mitch

Mitch

Slayin' EOP since 8/21/95

• RSN:Baesball
    • IRC:Mitch

View PostJordai, on 18 December 2016 - 07:09 AM, said:

to stop calling me gay it hurts my feelings @$Luke
l0l

#BBN | #Reds | #Mavs

$Mitch

Mitch

If I could categorize life advice in 3 certain important fields, and then a bonus one I thought of just now...it would go like this:

Girls

Do not ever chase. It is not worth it. It will work 1/10 times, and even when it works, this girl will get bored of you in 3 years or less.
You have to be the alpha male in every situation. Yeah, what I'm saying is, be crazy over her, but don't be too crazy. If she isn't feeling it at first, she'll never feel it.
Also...date to marry man. Be simple. You don't need to be apart of the massive problem of our generation. It really ain't cool to smash and pass. I personally don't want used up pussy.

Money

You should have a set percentage of your weekly/bi-weekly paycheck going straight into a savings account. It is essentially considered a self-funded 401k, if you'd want to call it that. Some people, well, most people, call it the 'Oh Shit Fund.' <- You are not to touch it unless you do something big league like bail your mom/dad out of jail, buy a house, put a down payment down on something, have to fix your car, etc.
It's amazing how fast you'll accumulate money that you would be spending normally. I don't think a lot of people realize how much money they spend on food, etc.

Two sources of income...two sources of income...two sources of income.

I don't care, even when I'm 80, I'm gonna be selling my zimmerframe(s) on the side. Two sources of income, (even if you're making $30 weekly off streaming to Twitch,) is so necessary. Your mind shouldn't only be set on the money you're making from your daily job, it should actually be set on the money you're going to make elsewhere. You know you're getting your money from your primary job.

Knowledge/Schooling

To touch base on what Luke brought up, go read his post btw, it was actually good. I will full on tell you that I dropped out of college for 2 reasons:
1) I was not learning anything I can't do on my own, and the pricing is absolutely outrageous. $35K for 3 years worth of college, not including housing, and then I went and spent $19 on a fucking Udemy course and learned more there than I did in school,
2) Internship - I turned a internship into a full time job (i hate corporate life btw) and am still there. <- make sure you read below

Every. Single. Person. has a network. Even if you sit in your house and play RuneScape every single day, your parents have a network. There is someone that you know, or your parents know, or your friends know, that can land you a job. School is 100% unnecessary in 2016. You do NOT need to go to college.
There is 150 different ways to make money now. You can start a blog and throw advertisements on it, (Ask John how much money he's making right now off the Ads on these forums that see about 200 daily users..) You can learn to drop-ship. You can literally flip electronics on Craigslist (I don't recommend, I've been robbed off this stupid ass website before..) You can learn how to freelance web dev... You get the point. You can do anything on your own to make money now.

Do not feel trapped in society and go to school. IF you go to school, make sure you select a degree worth while. Nothing broad like "Business major" you will be stuck with a dead end job making $45k a year.

Bringing back networking...use it. Networking is more powerful than any stupid piece of paper you have. Also, don't feel uncomfortable to hop from job to job. The more money, the more freedom. Nuff salamander. If there's better opportunity elsewhere..GO!

I got my internship extended, and then eventually turned it into a full time job through networking. I didn't know a single soul there. I did it through what I'm going to put below this:

Your Attitude

Your attitude is the most important thing. If you're in the corporate world, @ can probably confirm, EVERYONE and I mean EVERYONE walks around pissed off. I'm serious. Everyone hates their life.

You can extend your network in a simple way; being contagiously excited/happy. Even if you aren't, act like it. I'm not kidding, I got my full time job through someone in a different department. I was working as a Cost Accountant, working with people in the claims department, I sent 100 emails a day to them. The manager of that dept emailed my supervisor, and ended up saying, "Once his internship is over, I want him working with us." Sure enough, the next thing I knew, I was interviewing for a claims dept position in August. Been there since.

The reason she liked me was because I acted liked I wanted to work, and because I was always thankful.
It's as easy as that, every email you send, make sure you're incredibly empathetic, it's important to be able to read people, as mentioned, most people in corp america are genuinely pissed at their life, so if you do anything you can to cheer them up..you may just extend your network. ALWAYS say Thanks, hope you have a good weekend! Enjoy your day, etc.

Swear it works.
Got bored of writing at the end cause most of you nerds won't even read my wall of text but if you do, share some knowledge ;p

#BBN | #Reds | #Mavs

$Mitch

Mitch

Also another thing...

Most of you guys need to grow up lol.

You don't realize how much the trolling/fucking around on the computer is actually degrading you.
Straight up flaming niggas on TS is fun when you're 16. Maybe 12. Let it go

#BBN | #Reds | #Mavs

Victory

Victory

Superman

• RSN:King Victory
    • IRC:[CP]Victory

View PostFlop, on 18 December 2016 - 11:01 AM, said:

aim low so ur neva dissapointed D:

truer words have never been said

Posted Image

15th June 2014 -

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users