The Real You

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

@Chain

Chain
    • RSN:Chain Is Law
    • IRC:[CP]Chain

This forum is NOT for simple minds. Please do not reply if you do not want to give an educated response. Watch the video and then answer the question below. Prepare to use your brain.

The question: What do you believe happens to us after we die? If you feel we just "die" and nothing special happens, state why you believe that. You could also explain why you feel any other explanation of what happens after we die is wrong. Be sure to explain your answer regardless.

I think we go into a deep sleep. I feel our bodies remain there but we can't do anything but dream. I find it really interesting how Watts says something like "after people die, other people are born. They are all you, but you can only experience it one at a time." Thinking about this it makes perfect sense, we all experience the same feelings, but at different times because we are our own person. We aren't all different, we are the same type of life form, I have felt happiness and so have you. It's so hard to explain this kind of thing but it's good to finally hear someone talk about my exact feelings towards it. If you don't feel like watching the video I highly recommend it, he basically explains what cannot be explained. This is my 2nd favorite lecture I have heard from him.

Posted Image

$Weak

Weak
    • IRC:[CP]Weak
Tough one..We are always told the religious views on but I think, much like Chain, we fall into a deep sleep. Not so much dream but live on as something or someone else in another world or time. In this "second" life, it is something that we always wanted to do. Tough topic, good vid. I'll update this later when I have more time on my hands.

Posted Image

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

• RSN:Strpk X
    • IRC:[CP]Strpk
Im not really sure how to put it in words...I believe that our soul leaves our bodies and rises to the afterlife to be judged by the lord to be either accepted into heaven or hell but i dont think you will have the same mind set as u do now. I disagree with the vid on when he says if u die u just dream because how can u dream if ur brain no longer functions. I will update this more if i can think of a way to express it better
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

“Once more into the fray...

Into the last good fight I'll ever know...

To live and die on this day...

To live and die on this day...”

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence
95+ Combat | 85+ Attack | 99+ Strength | 20+ Defense | 95+ Hitpoints | 65+ Prayer | 95+ Magic | 95+ Range

Proud %Council of Corrupt Pures

@Chain

Chain

View PostStrpk, on 27 March 2013 - 02:23 PM, said:

Im not really sure how to put it in words...I believe that our soul leaves our bodies and rises to the afterlife to be judged by the lord to be either accepted into heaven or hell but i dont think you will have the same mind set as u do now. I disagree with the vid on when he says if u die u just dream because how can u dream if ur brain no longer functions. I will update this more if i can think of a way to express it better
That's a good argument but my opinion on it is, how do you know that your brain is no longer functioning? No one alive can actually explain what being brain dead is like, because they are dead.. You could still be able to dream I think.

Posted Image

$Ftw

Ftw

#Jonko

• RSN:Jonko Squad
    • IRC:[CP]Ftw
I wish I could say I believe in heaven or reincarnation but I don't. I think these are made up to make people's pain smaller. I do believe that we can compare death to a long sleep where we never wake up from, but then while being absolutely unconscious and just wait 'till you get decomposed by mother nature.

Ps: my sentence sounds alot better in Dutch

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted Image

Spoiler

Sinz

Sinz

My posts are so shit, you'd think I was Australian

• RSN:.
    • IRC:.
The lights go out. That's really all that I can say. Our brains project everything we see, feel, and believe; amongst other things. The brain ceases to function, then it's over. I have no reason to be afraid of dying.

"I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it." -Mark Twain
Posted Image

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

View PostChain, on 27 March 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

That's a good argument but my opinion on it is, how do you know that your brain is no longer functioning? No one alive can actually explain what being brain dead is like, because they are dead.. You could still be able to dream I think.
well ur brain degrades over time to the point ur only a skeleton thats all i was sayin i mean it could do differently idk
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence
95+ Combat | 85+ Attack | 99+ Strength | 20+ Defense | 95+ Hitpoints | 65+ Prayer | 95+ Magic | 95+ Range

@Chain

Chain

View PostStrpk, on 27 March 2013 - 02:54 PM, said:

View PostChain, on 27 March 2013 - 02:26 PM, said:

well ur brain degrades over time to the point ur only a skeleton thats all i was sayin i mean it could do differently idk
True... I actually didn't even think of that lol. I have no idea.

Posted Image

$Franco

Franco

🚬

• RSN:el loko pity
    • IRC:[CP]Franco
I feel like, when you die, it'd be just like before you were born. Nothing. And then that might be the beginning of a new life. I personally believe in reincarnation, so I don't know, that all makes sense to me.
The whole Heaven and Hell aspect doesn't really make much sense to me, but I can understand that.

Will update more later.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Spoiler

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

View PostFranco/Just Join CP, on 27 March 2013 - 03:41 PM, said:

I feel like, when you die, it'd be just like before you were born. Nothing. And then that might be the beginning of a new life. I personally believe in reincarnation, so I don't know, that all makes sense to me.
The whole Heaven and Hell aspect doesn't really make much sense to me, but I can understand that.

Will update more later.
reincarnation does make sense but idk its w/e u beleive i suppose
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users