The Real You

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Joey

Joey
    • RSN:swag
    • IRC:bitch
There is no definite answer to this theory but I personally believe it is the same process of you being born. You may not remember anything before being born, perhaps you were living and then you were given another life with different people. I don't think I would be able to answer such a question, I believe there has to be some type of cycle. Apart from the heaven/hell topic, I personally believe that it was made to comfort people because they were most likely afraid of death, then this plays into religion. Back in the mid-evil ages, people would pay for their sins to be forgiven by god so ultimately they wouldn't have to be in hell whenever they died. People wanted that sense of knowing, that they would be going into heaven.

At the end of the day, there has to be some cycle or some sort of afterlife. That's my view on this topic.

WeeZy

WeeZy

the ment, enjoy it.

• RSN:ᅟᅟ ᅟ ᅟ
    • IRC:ᅟᅟ ᅟ ᅟ
I do not believe in Heaven, Hell, or reincarnation. What I do believe is that when you die, you literally die, and your mind goes into an eternal blackness, almost like you never existed. However, I have read and heard stories of people dying and coming back to life, claiming they've seen a glimpse of heaven, or the "light", or even seeing their own life flash past them. I personally do not believe that, but I'm not a very religious person.
Posted Image

Matt

Matt

total corruption

• RSN:2k Maul
    • IRC:[CP]Matt
Seconding Sinz and Weezy.

Our brain is the control panel of every activity we engage in, small or large. When we die, the control panel ceases to function, and we cannot be engaged in anything, anymore.

I can actually see the point in everyone's sacred/religious views, but logically, this makes the most sense and is the most probable.

~ We write history. ~

Posted Image

$David

David

The grass ain't greener on the other side it's just blue

• RSN:Horseface
    • IRC:[CP]David
As a boy I used to attend church every Sunday along with sunday school. But what I never could wrap my head around was this topic; What really happens when you pass away? I like to believe that most who believe in God visit Heaven, whatever Heaven they want to believe in. Now, this is all opinion, we could all be wrong or right. No one knows and I don't really believe people who were "dead" and came back to life. I do agree with Chain and how he says we fall into a deep sleep, but the deep sleep can be whatever you want it to be or be whatever you believe in. Personally, I believe in Heaven and Hell so I'm hoping to visit Heaven one day.

she send me pictures to my iphone

Posted Image

then I gotta clear em cause my girl be checking my phone

Ex-@Leader of the Best & Most Aspiring Pure Clan

Awards
Spoiler

Latkuz

Latkuz
    • RSN:Rowdy Gent
I personally feel you are in a state similar to sleep but without dreams.  I think that when you die it is similar to when you fall asleep and can't think of your dream or remember anything from your sleep.  Because you are dead your brain is not functioning so you do not have the ability to dream or think but when you are asleep your body is in a state of recovery and temporarily stops many body functions.  Before you were born there were no memories or feelings similar to being in a deep sleep with no thoughts or dreams.  Just black.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0149/4340/t/7/assets/logo.png?2651

Latkuz

Latkuz
    • RSN:Rowdy Gent
The human body can't last forever, the same with anything in the world.  What happens when your ipod stops working?  It does not turn on or function in anyway, it can't function or think or do anything because there is no energy to cause it to function.  What makes the human body any different besides the fact that we can think and feel while our body is alive and functioning..

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0149/4340/t/7/assets/logo.png?2651

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

From a biological standpoint nothing happens after death.
You can't think, you can't feel, you can't dream and you can't even "sleep." Your body will decompose and your mind and all its memories will seize to exist forever.

Now if we're speaking of an afterlife that's another question.

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

A deep sleep filled with dreams after death Isn't possible, due to the human brain decomposing into nothingness. In the greek epic the Liad, Achilles was well aware of death and was not a religious person himself. But there was one thing he wished to be and that was immortal, but in the sense of never being forgotten and having his name live on forever.

That should be a goal for every human being on this planet. Surely nobody wants to be forgotten and never have any of his/her accomplishments lost forever in the past which is why everybody should strive to make a positive impact in this world, yeah you can make a negative impact and be remembered for that but i guess this is where morals come into place.

Posted Image

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

Religious or not I believe its logical to believe in some sort of "Creator" whether or not that may be the creator that religious folk follow on earth or in other worlds.

Edit: Sorry i made 3 separate posts.

Posted Image

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

• RSN:Strpk X
    • IRC:[CP]Strpk
good response 8loody but what i like most about ur post is the bulls ended miami's nigger streak thank you woooo sorry that was irrelvant but necessary
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

“Once more into the fray...

Into the last good fight I'll ever know...

To live and die on this day...

To live and die on this day...”

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence
95+ Combat | 85+ Attack | 99+ Strength | 20+ Defense | 95+ Hitpoints | 65+ Prayer | 95+ Magic | 95+ Range

Proud %Council of Corrupt Pures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users