The Real You

• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

$Unusual 2389

Unusual 2389
I believe there is an after life that our souls enter e.g heaven or hell... or that we are reborn in a different body with no recollection of our former person, plus we were dead for millions of years before we were born, we might have already lived more than one life who knows.

Master Jig

Master Jig

King Of Posting

• RSN:Jig The KILL
Listen, before i even start. I dont mean to offend anyone that has a religion and has their faith and what not.. but i may offend you so plz just dont hold my beliefs against me.

When looking at this question, "What happens after we die?" is a question that, as far as im concerned... is rhetorical. The first thing i base anything off of is current and ancient 100% stone solid fact. For example.. there are living creatures.. there is a perhaps endless universe full of millions of stars.. humans that can create all sorts of technology and the only creatures that really can do so....

As humans are the most intelligent of all living organisms, with a real perception on the meaning of life, possibilities of afterlife and so on, it is OUR duty, to take the lead the search for such answers.. This is where i kind of get lost in my own mind... The fact that we ARE only animals in a sense.. who are we to think we can even FATHOM what CREATED the beginning of everyhing. I personally do not have a religion. Absolutely no religious affiliation whatsoever. But I do believe in a spiritual universe.. connected with our own.. i believe ALL matter has a spiritual energy. That means both alive and inanimate. I believe everything happens for a reason and but everything is not necessarily planned to happened, its all at random. Some people believe in destiny and karma etc.. but the reason i believe its all at random is because i believe in free will. so every single living creature has the power to change their mind and rewrite the future that was originally planned by "destiny" or "gods plan" or "fate". But if you understand space time continuum, then you realize that time isnt linear... we just perceive it that way. Outside the spacetime continuum. Everything that is ever going to happen has already happened.

Basically to clarify, Im saying that i believe that the universes history IS written in stone.
But say that the stones it written in is sand. And everyone and everything are working together as long as they exist.. modifying the truth that is life.
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4875/130327064918.png

Master Jig

Master Jig

King Of Posting

View PostChain, on 27 March 2013 - 01:58 PM, said:

I think we go into a deep sleep. I feel our bodies remain there but we can't do anything but dream. I find it really interesting how Watts says something like "after people die, other people are born. They are all you, but you can only experience it one at a time." Thinking about this it makes perfect sense, we all experience the same feelings, but at different times because we are our own person. We aren't all different, we are the same type of life form, I have felt happiness and so have you. It's so hard to explain this kind of thing but it's good to finally hear someone talk about my exact feelings towards it. If you don't feel like watching the video I highly recommend it, he basically explains what cannot be explained. This is my 2nd favorite lecture I have heard from him.

but what you tend to see with some religions.. theyre just ideas that cant be disproved... [center]"after people die, other people are born. They are all you, but you can only experience it one at a time." if you break that down into two parts... the first part (after people die, other people are born) thats pretty solid fact although it may not have the same meaning if u say it slightly different such as "After people are born, other people die" it could be just as true... but now i want to point out the second part.. (they are all you, but you can only experience it one at a time) that is the part that reinforces it and basically makes it disprovable.. but im not disagreeing with him.. ive pondered very similar ideas, but with that quote, its safe to say its a similar concept as reincarnation... what if someone dies and the second that their spirit leaves their body... that same spirit, and at that every same moment, are put into the the heartbeat of an unborn infant. as it is really brought into the world that is existence. thats something ive always pondered.

Master Jig

Master Jig

King Of Posting

View PostJoey, on 27 March 2013 - 03:55 PM, said:

There is no definite answer to this theory but I personally believe it is the same process of you being born. You may not remember anything before being born, perhaps you were living and then you were given another life with different people. I don't think I would be able to answer such a question, I believe there has to be some type of cycle. Apart from the heaven/hell topic, I personally believe that it was made to comfort people because they were most likely afraid of death, then this plays into religion. Back in the mid-evil ages, people would pay for their sins to be forgiven by god so ultimately they wouldn't have to be in hell whenever they died. People wanted that sense of knowing, that they would be going into heaven.

At the end of the day, there has to be some cycle or some sort of afterlife. That's my view on this topic.

see but you have to think... (lets rule out reincarnation) before youre born.. you have really experienced NOTHING. all youve done is grow and receive nutrients, but when you die.... you've experienced SO much (hopefully) through out youre whole lifetime. what if that changes the "experience" from beforelife and afterlife

George

George

ESSEX #1

• RSN:ESSX
    • IRC:[CP]George
I would like to believe in God / Jesus or any religion but I heavily believe in the Darwin theory "the Scientific" theory, Fact's cannot be pushed aside by mere legend's, I don't mean to offend anyone and I don't want to have a religious debate, But until im shown PROOF I simply cannot believe it, From what I have experienced in life I believe we do live on as a spirit.. I have 100% seen a man standing in my girlfriend's house by the living room door and then walked into the kitchen I jumped up to confront him and no one was in the house, When my girlfriend thought I was joking she was taking the piss It actually made me quite upset and I got VERY angry with her, How can I clearly see a man standing there, Even to the stubble on his chin! And he's not there!?.. In that house I sometime's get really bad feelings when upstairs some days its Fine, Another day I will hastily go to the toilet and get downstairs as I feel a presence like Im not wanted there? It's really quite strange and scary, Then again the mind is a very powerful tool.

BACK IN THE DAY

Spoiler

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

View PostGeorge, on 28 March 2013 - 08:30 PM, said:

I would like to believe in God / Jesus or any religion but I heavily believe in the Darwin theory "the Scientific" theory, Fact's cannot be pushed aside by mere legend's, I don't mean to offend anyone and I don't want to have a religious debate, But until im shown PROOF I simply cannot believe it, From what I have experienced in life I believe we do live on as a spirit.. I have 100% seen a man standing in my girlfriend's house by the living room door and then walked into the kitchen I jumped up to confront him and no one was in the house, When my girlfriend thought I was joking she was taking the piss It actually made me quite upset and I got VERY angry with her, How can I clearly see a man standing there, Even to the stubble on his chin! And he's not there!?.. In that house I sometime's get really bad feelings when upstairs some days its Fine, Another day I will hastily go to the toilet and get downstairs as I feel a presence like Im not wanted there? It's really quite strange and scary, Then again the mind is a very powerful tool.

Don't see how the theory of evolution and the big bang contradict anything that is taught in Christianity or the other two Abrahamic religions.

View PostMaster Jig, on 28 March 2013 - 08:03 PM, said:

Listen, before i even start. I dont mean to offend anyone that has a religion and has their faith and what not.. but i may offend you so plz just dont hold my beliefs against me.

When looking at this question, "What happens after we die?" is a question that, as far as im concerned... is rhetorical. The first thing i base anything off of is current and ancient 100% stone solid fact. For example.. there are living creatures.. there is a perhaps endless universe full of millions of stars.. humans that can create all sorts of technology and the only creatures that really can do so....

As humans are the most intelligent of all living organisms, with a real perception on the meaning of life, possibilities of afterlife and so on, it is OUR duty, to take the lead the search for such answers.. This is where i kind of get lost in my own mind... The fact that we ARE only animals in a sense.. who are we to think we can even FATHOM what CREATED the beginning of everyhing. I personally do not have a religion. Absolutely no religious affiliation whatsoever. But I do believe in a spiritual universe.. connected with our own.. i believe ALL matter has a spiritual energy. That means both alive and inanimate. I believe everything happens for a reason and but everything is not necessarily planned to happened, its all at random. Some people believe in destiny and karma etc.. but the reason i believe its all at random is because i believe in free will. so every single living creature has the power to change their mind and rewrite the future that was originally planned by "destiny" or "gods plan" or "fate". But if you understand space time continuum, then you realize that time isnt linear... we just perceive it that way. Outside the spacetime continuum. Everything that is ever going to happen has already happened.

Basically to clarify, Im saying that i believe that the universes history IS written in stone.
But say that the stones it written in is sand. And everyone and everything are working together as long as they exist.. modifying the truth that is life.

I understand your point, but how could the laws of physics and mathematics be set in stone? I am a firm believer of the big bang theory but how could all these complex laws exist in the time before, time itself even existed. and just pop up out of nowhere and create itself. You have to remember that before the spark that caused the series of events after the big bang nothing existed not even the pure notion of nothingness existed.

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$Feelthef1re

Feelthef1re
Hello all, I'm going to mix some science and religion into my answer!

During the very last of our life, our body slowly shuts down, our breathing rate lessens and our pulse slowly reduces. Also, our brain releases a chemical called Demethyltryptamine (DMT) which is a psychedelic drug that our body creates daily and causes us to dream. These are the exact same steps our body undergoes when we go to sleep. Depending on whether or not we believe in heaven or hell, reincarnation or permanent darkness, there will be a transition zone where the DMT kicks in.

During the transition period between death and absolute darkness, I believe that we will dream about what we think will happen after death. If I've been thinking to believe that I've been a good person my whole life to the point where my sub-conscience agrees as well, I will be in heaven for the next 10 hours (the amount of time the DMT will last). If I believe that I've been a bad guy, then I believe I will go to hell. If I believe in reincarnation, maybe I'll imagine the life of a bird for the time being.

I read another reply here saying that there have been reports of people dying then coming back to life saying that they've seen heaven. This is perfectly valid. Maybe they've reached a very fine line between life and death where enough DMT was released for them to have hallucinations about heaven and still enough life in them to live.

We all have different perspectives on life after death and whatever your perspective is, it will come true... for ten hours. And then it is forever dark!

Note: It may be a bit different if you get your brains shot out or blown out to the point where you brain can't make connections any more .. might be forever dark right from the start.

TLDR: Your body releases a powerful psychedelic called DMT when you are about to die. During your high time, you will have a powerful dream about whatever you think will happen after death, whether it is heaven, hell or reincarnation, you are the one who will choose. This will occur for around 10 hours, then it will slowly fade away and be forever dark.

Sources: http://en.wikipedia....ethyltryptamine
  http://thedyingbrain.blogspot.ca/

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Master Jig

Master Jig

King Of Posting

View Post8loodyarcher, on 28 March 2013 - 10:18 PM, said:

[a] Don't see how the theory of evolution and the big bang contradict anything that is taught in Christianity or the other two Abrahamic religions.

[b] I understand your point, but how could the laws of physics and mathematics be set in stone? I am a firm believer of the big bang theory but how could all these complex laws exist in the time before, time itself even existed. and just pop up out of nowhere and create itself. You have to remember that before the spark that caused the series of events after the big bang nothing existed not even the pure notion of nothingness existed.

[a] in christianity.. The God.. created everything in 7 days.. one of those creations included in the "everything" were humans.. he "created" adam and eve.. which would mean full fledged, full EVOLVED humans.. in the bible they spoke.. to eachother... to god.. w.e...
where as with darwins theory of evolution... the primordial soup + time + random = life and beings which would then "evolve" into the humans we are today.. i however.. disagree with both.

[b] believe me the every single theory that ive read on what time ACTUALLY IS... has been taken into my brain.. whether i understand everything in the lectures/theorys i hear doesnt concern me but i absorb it and it plays part in my overall beliefs.. i know that if time is even REAL... then time as WE UNDERSTAND it... has a beginning and an end... but the way i think about it... TIME is one whole big thing itself.. and the alpha and omega have already began and ended... but it still changes.. kind of like the video said about the waves of the ocean.. its like the ocean of time.. its always one big whole.. but the surface is always changing.. all the time.. (imo because of the power of free will). annd on the other note.. if you look at how everything is... (regarding the laws of time/space/reality)... the universe, as far as planets locations go.. is pretty random.. (which is how i would assume it would be if the big bang theory is true), when the explosion or implosion or w.e created the universe everything was spread thru endless space as far as we understand... buttttttt the planets in our solar system all revolve perfectly.. lwhy doesnt the moon eventually crash into the earth.. or get sucked into the sun... there ARE some laws that are just LIFE. thats my view

... just being brief

$Klutch

Klutch

Based

• RSN:Klutchin
I think about death almost every day. I believe that it is one of the greatest things in the world, no one has any idea what happens after death. It can be nothing but even nothing is something. I think death is one of the fairest things that we have as humans because no one can avoid it and no one has an advantage because no one knows what it is. To be honest i cant wait to die because i really want to no whats after wards.
Thats my opinion on death.

(21:21:06) <@[CP]Chain> THE FRIEND ZONE ISN'T REAL..YOU'RE JUST FUCKING UGLY

$Klutch

Klutch

Based

• RSN:Klutchin
P.S  I see religion as morals that people follow.. nothing more nothing less.

(21:21:06) <@[CP]Chain> THE FRIEND ZONE ISN'T REAL..YOU'RE JUST FUCKING UGLY

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users