Addition to Ranking System Proposal

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

Poll: Addition to Ranking System (31 member(s) have cast votes)

This idea is NOT the FINAL version that could potentially be implemented. Would you guys like to see something like this in our ranking system?

1. Yes (29 votes [93.55%])

Percentage of vote: 93.55%

2. No (2 votes [6.45%])

Percentage of vote: 6.45%

Vote

$Potter

Potter
    • RSN:JackPotter
    • IRC:[CP]Potter
@+Tristan

"Second idea is moreover what I'm thinking, but it should be more than just recruiting, leading events of anything, being active on teamspeak and forums, recruiting and all of that should be factored, I don't think time based only ranks (posts come with time and meager forum activity) are a good way to have somebody get ranks, if people don't do anything in CP but posting shitty +1 posts on forums and attend weekend trips, they should only stay member or something just past member. Elite\Hero\Legend should mean you put effort into CP. "

I agree with this statement, this will help give meaning to ranks again.  Also, reviewing applications for the next rank should be reviewed more carefully, especially if we implement something like this.  I would be more than happy to take up that job.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Potter

Potter

View PostConnor, on 06 July 2016 - 09:25 PM, said:

Ranks don't even matter when randos just snap their fingers and get elder ������

Yes Connor, I have heard people say that recently and this is part of the reason why I'm trying to do something about it.  This new system I am proposing would give meaning to ranks again, even if it won't give much meaning to people who already have their respective rank. It will take time for people to understand how meaningful ranking up will be, but I bet it will be worth it :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Potter

Potter

View PostHtown, on 06 July 2016 - 09:52 PM, said:

recruiting is easier than ever, with so many training spots and places to find potential members, it should be mandatory. All people have to do is ask sam and jordan to go with them whenever they go multiple times a week. Good idea.

Thank you for the feedback, and honestly man even recruiting level 50's and 60's pures isn't a terrible thing (thinking about sand crabs).  Although a lot of people make fun of me or other people for doing it, they sometimes turn out to be an amazing recruit with an incredible account.  When I was recruited to my first Runescape clan on OSRS, I was 66 combat.  Now I'm 111, maxed with 39 defence.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
I love the idea, and as a rank for years, myself and many others thought about implementing something similar to this, but it's not that easy to keep track of. Nor would it be easy to actually get people to do (usually leads to guys complaining about how there's no one to recruit or they just stay the same rank because they're too lazy to move up)

What I would like to see is recruiting trips/random multi trips more often. The staff members who have been doing it (they know who they are, and know exactly how to do it) could bring a few dedicated guys who are willing to help out, and then go from there.

Anything of the following would help:
-Spamming our CC in popular areas (general more activity in cc, all you need is a bot, F2p/P2P doesn't matter, etc)
-Actually going out and recruiting as a group, not stopping till you go through all locations that you find are good
-Getting guys who are already "CP" idled on ts/in the cc 24/7 (pm them, talk to them constantly) so they can eventually get into the flow of things again, and get on the forums and so on

And then it goes from there.

Complicating the ranking system could be helpful but it would take a lot of refining/time to figure out what would work properly. Right now I think how it is, is fine, but more people stepping up and putting in effort can only be beneficial to themselves (Council/Officer ranks are right there for you guys to get).

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

$Potter

Potter
@$Merk

First of all, thank you for the time and effort of your feedback.  

You mention people will start complaining about how there's nobody to recruit, probably because they're too lazy to do it themselves and they'll just stay the same rank forever. This is one of my strong points to this idea. Being ranked up should be earned, not just given out through some time of being somewhat active in the clan. If they're upset because they aren't getting ranked up they will simply be told to follow the application. If they end up leaving the clan due to this, who really gives a crap about them because they clearly don't care about our clan.  Also, I know some people don't have the time to recruit, so why would they want to be ranked up anyway? To get officer? You have to work towards that rank and show you deserve it.

In my poll a few days ago, I talked about having more midweek events. One of the suggestions was to have a recruiting trip and get a few applicants in teamspeak before going out on a trip to lavas. Having applicants join teamspeak and immediately go into pking will help them bond with members and give them a taste of how fun clanning can be. Hopefully they will stick around. I've been hosting lavas trips often lately, but haven't recruited much. If other people were willing, I would be too.  As of now, the only ones heavily recruiting are @$Sam and @Jordai .  Hosting events like this will cover your suggestion of going out as a group recruiting.

Talking to members and keeping them involved is vital and I agree with this 100%.  As a leader myself (in another realm), I constantly communicated with all of my members and co-leaders and made sure everyone enjoyed the clan and worked hard at the same time.  Being nice and talking to your members every single day goes a long way. Becoming more involved and adding my suggestions has motivated me and has caused me to be on forums more and post more than a few times every day.

I would be more than willing to help implement this system, and if I have to be the one going through all the applications and making sure the recruits are valid I will.  

Thank you.

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Blitze

Blitze

Soy Corrupto

• RSN:BD
    • IRC:[CP]Blitze
Great idea man! :D

Posted Image

Posted Image

$Deziqn

Deziqn

duck your taco

• RSN:deziqn
I like this idea

Posted Image

Curen

Curen
    • RSN:...
    • IRC:Curen
Good idea
Support
Posted Image

Jordai

Jordai

Emotional Guy

• RSN:Ugly
    • IRC:Beta male
I love this idea @$Potter it would encourage people to recruit and also it will bring more people into the clan, right now no one really feels the need to recruit because of the following reason "I'm not a rank, I don't need to recruit" well maybe they are the ones who don't want to put the effort in, but it's the fact that if someone is a member rank and wants to get legend because they have been in the clan for so long (lets say 1 year+) they now have another requirement and therefore cannot just app for Legend rank.

@$Potter good job man, it will also help me @$Sam and others that do recruit. +1 !!!

Jordai

Jordai

Emotional Guy

• RSN:Ugly
    • IRC:Beta male

View PostBlue, on 06 July 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Posted Image

View PostBlue, on 06 July 2016 - 09:14 PM, said:

Posted Image
Wtf is wrong with u guys..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users