Religious People

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

Loz\SxT

Loz\SxT

View PostEric, on 12 December 2012 - 10:07 AM, said:

View PostLoz, on 12 December 2012 - 08:30 AM, said:

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 08:10 AM, said:

Eric believing in the big bang and evolution does not contradict Christianity in any way or form.

i don't see your point by bringing that up?

Christianity believes the world was created 6,000 years ago. The big bang was supposed to have billions of years ago. Otherwise it does not contradict so long as you view the Adam and Eve story as fiction, which is the proper understanding.

^also the bible states that Planet Earth was created in 7 days.

That story is also intended to be regarded as fiction as an explanation of God's ability to create the world, not an accurate depiction of the events. Although some people who follow the bible, or at least the first five books, regard it as fact. Sadly, they're just uninformed and wrong.

I find it ironic how the majority of Christians haven't even read the bible even close to fully(Not calling anyone out, just an accurate statement). The more I read the less I believed.

Spoiler

LOZ LINK07

Make sure sig smaller - Drunk

http://i49.tinypic.com/30t1c79.jpg

shut up drunk- loz

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

In the beginning God created the earth and the heavens

Yes, the bible states that God created the World in seven days. This can be interpreted in many different ways and as a result people like Eric don't look in depth into it which is understandable. My interpretation which also a majority of what Christians believe is that God created the base of what the Universe is known as today. Whether that is really seven days Via the big bang or something else we don't know. As a result of Gods creation, the Earth over the course billions of years ( 12 billion i believe?) was created.

Evolution took its course on Land and the Earths Geology changed over time and so on. The theory of evolution is a great one and if you look into it, makes perfect sense and is only obvious. Yes our bodies did originate from evolution but one thing did not and that is a unique creation by God which is the human soul in his image.

No one believes the world is only six thousand years old

The Old testament is very controversial. Its more of a POV describing life at the time. To put it into short words, the book can be described as the Law of Man.
The new Testament Jesus arrives and changes everything so much that the "law of man" becomes obsolete.

Loz i don't know you at all so i can't speak for you but Eric you're the type of person that hears about one thing and immediately believes what you hear. You need to look more in depth into these topics.

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$Eric

Eric

Dutch Leader

• IRC:[CP]Eric

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 01:05 PM, said:

Loz i don't know you at all so i can't speak for you but Eric you're the type of person that hears about one thing and immediately believes what you hear. You need to look more in depth into these topics.

What makes you think I never looked into the bible, or religion?
I actually own a bible, I even had religious classes about Christianity, muslisme, buddha, etc.
So I find your statement about 'you hear something and believe it statement quite... weird.

Im just stating facts, nothing more. I cant really see the issue, quite frankly I don't even care if you believe, this is just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong but I get the feeling that some of you might have to read into some stuff.

I just can't make the connection between looking at this world we live in today, with all the stuff we discovered, the theories we wrote, the space we explored and the medical technology we have. And that people can still believe in something that is not there.

One more thing, I named so many things that dissprove the existence of god.
Now PROOF me that there is actually a god; a legit artical, book, theory, study, JUST SOMETHING that can proof everything I stated as wrong. And that cannot be dissproven by anything else.

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Posted ImagePosted Image

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

View PostEric, on 12 December 2012 - 01:31 PM, said:

I actually own a bible, I even had religious classes about Christianity, muslisme, buddha, etc.
So I find your statement about 'you hear something and believe it statement quite... weird.

Im just stating facts, nothing more. I cant really see the issue, quite frankly I don't even care if you believe, this is just my opinion.

Don't get me wrong but I get the feeling that some of you might have to read into some stuff.

I just can't make the connection between looking at this world we live in today, with all the stuff we discovered, the theories we wrote, the space we explored and the medical technology we have. And that people can still believe in something that is not there.

Now PROOF me that there is actually a god; a legit artical, book, theory, study, JUST SOMETHING that can proof everything I stated as wrong. And that cannot be dissproven by anything else.

What is your proof that a God or "creator" does not exist? Please state it again

Posted Image

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$Flop

Flop

Founder of Corrupt Pures

• RSN:U Go N Flop
    • IRC:[CP]U-Go-N-Flop

cant proove in the existance of god =[
I think the idea of god came iin to explain things that could not be explained back in the olde daiis D:

Posted Image

<]@:3

Spoiler

Loz\SxT

Loz\SxT

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 01:54 PM, said:

What is your proof that a God or "creator" does not exist? Please state it again

The proof of God's not existing is the lack of proof in itself. The Christian God is riddled with contradictions and falsities.

The only argument side that needs to provide tangible evidence is that for a creator's existence, which has not been done. I was in Catholic School for 14 years so I am far from "Believing what I hear". The opposite is actually true, seeing as I heard all of the Catholicism being taught and denied it.

Spoiler

LOZ LINK07

shut up drunk- loz

Newts

Newts
    • IRC:[CP]Newts
this topic is intense :) a good read x'D

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

"The proof of God not existing is the lack of proof in itself."

Stopped reading right there. Eric claims he has written proof in a article ( haha ) to prove that God does not exist which i find pretty interesting.
Loz although i do identify myself as catholic I am arguing the existence of a creator, period.

Telling a religious person that there is no God because of  "lack of proof" just sounds very foolish considering that what drives religion in general is faith. Faith is something intellect can not comprehend other than the pure speculation that the religious man with faith has to be brain washed into believing what you may call a "fairy-tale." Its all relative
For you faith is a strange idea because you only read about Christianity rather than practicing and experiencing it yourself.

Posted Image

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

Loz\SxT

Loz\SxT

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

"The proof of God not existing is the lack of proof in itself."

Stopped reading right there. Eric claims he has written proof in a article ( haha ) to prove that God does not exist which i find pretty interesting.
Loz although i do identify myself as catholic I am arguing the existence of a creator, period.

For a religious person saying that there is no God because of  "lack of proof" just sounds very foolish considering that what drives religion in general is faith. Faith is something intellect can not comprehend other than the pure idea that the person may be brain washed to a certain extent to believe in what you call "fairy-tales." Its all relative.

For you faith is a strange idea because you only read about Christianity rather than practicing and experiencing it yourself.

If you don't read our side then how can you expect any of us to care about yours? Are you actually attempting to say "The proof of God not existing is the lack of proof in itself." is not a reasonable argument?

Santa Claus is real, Unicorns are real. You cannot deny this according to your logic. (Although there's an interesting theory about how every possible thing exists)

Saying that your faith is held in that their is no proof is just begging the question and holds absolutely no value in any forum.

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

If you read my first post I said I became an Atheist my Freshman year of Highschool, all the time before that I was Catholic, so again, no.

Spoiler

LOZ LINK07

shut up drunk- loz

$Eric

Eric

Dutch Leader

• IRC:[CP]Eric
Guys, it was fun arguing but Oscar is just making me a little annoyed by 'laughing' at my opinion. Which I find quite humerous since I just wanted to have a conversation, but he just had to bring it to the next level.

Have a good one.

Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users