Religious People

• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

$Andrew

Andrew
    • RSN:Sica
    • IRC:[-Andrew-]
Staff keep this clean.

We've had many debates on this forum and in IRC, therefore, I'm not stating my religious views. I only ask that everyone respects each other.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

$8loodyarcher

8loodyarcher

Corrupt Forever.

View PostLoz, on 12 December 2012 - 02:32 PM, said:

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

"The proof of God not existing is the lack of proof in itself."

Stopped reading right there. Eric claims he has written proof in a article ( haha ) to prove that God does not exist which i find pretty interesting.
Loz although i do identify myself as catholic I am arguing the existence of a creator, period.

For a religious person saying that there is no God because of  "lack of proof" just sounds very foolish considering that what drives religion in general is faith. Faith is something intellect can not comprehend other than the pure idea that the person may be brain washed to a certain extent to believe in what you call "fairy-tales." Its all relative.

For you faith is a strange idea because you only read about Christianity rather than practicing and experiencing it yourself.

If you don't read our side then how can you expect any of us to care about yours? Are you actually attempting to say "The proof of God not existing is the lack of proof in itself." is not a reasonable argument?

Santa Claus is real, Unicorns are real. You cannot deny this according to your logic. (Although there's an interesting theory about how every possible thing exists)

Saying that your faith is held in that their is no proof is just begging the question and holds absolutely no value in any forum.

View Post8loodyarcher, on 12 December 2012 - 02:24 PM, said:

For you faith is a strange idea because you only read about Christianity rather than practicing and experiencing it yourself.

If you read my first post I said I became an Atheist my Freshman year of Highschool, all the time before that I was Catholic, so again, no.

I'm not trying to convince anyone that there is a God or not. That would be impossible face to face and even more so on the Internet. I read your side already and that started off with Eric "despising religious people."
I responded back to clear things up and that's all i did.

I read your post about becoming an Atheist your freshman year. Fact is you were atheist or Agnostic your whole life. No one in grade school has the mental capacity to truly understand what role religion has in someone life. I'm sure your disbelief in God doesn't change who you are a person, im sure you're still a good person in and out. Point I'm trying to say I respect everyone's decision  I rather someone being atheist than being brain washed into believing there is a creator. Its all a personal choice. Only problem i have is people on both sides judging and bickering the other. This leads to Eric's first post

| Corrupt Pures | Elder | Corrupt Since 09' | #Clan-CP |

Posted Image

"Be miserable. Or motivate yourself.

Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice."

Retired:

@High Council

2009-2012

$Merk

Merk

The clan world revolves around CP

• RSN:UAV
    • IRC:[CP]iMerk_31s
Respect each others decisions about religion. I don't really think preaching on forums about it will change anyone else's opinions. Nonetheless, I appreciate Adam posting this because it was a good read ^.^

Founder of the following terms:

Ah yes, heh, pffff, ye bro etc, yea bro?, _______ in 2k16?, k9k, rif rof

Posted Image

Posted Image

@Leader 2012-2014

Part of the ^Elder unit that can kill your clan in a heartbeat.

Spoiler

Adept Ltd

Adept Ltd
    • RSN:Baby Adept
    • IRC:`Adept
I hate the topic of religion, mostly because its usually led by ignorance.  But anyway here is my view; yes the bible can teach you a lot about how to live life, and to have good morals.  However many parts are ambiguous and the bible is sited for the wrong reasons in many situations and completely out of context, for example to do with homosexuality.  

Religion as a whole is also an excuse to many people, for example to start wars, and in my opinion I believe it is used by the educated to control people into doing radical things, ie terrorism.  

However I do believe some parts of the bible are important to creating a better society.   I do not take it as anymore than an old story, and just because it is old doesn't make it true.  There is no proof that bible is true, and in many situations there is overwhelming evidence that it is in fact wrong.  One situation I can think of is evolution, and to be honest if you believe in creationism at this time you haven't been taught properly in school.

Anyway to end this off, I have lived in both America and England, and the topic of religion is very different.  In America most people claimed to be religious and went to church, however i found that a growing number of my friends would stop going as soon as their parents allowed them to.  On the other hand In England religion is almost no existent, at least if you're Christian, and it is often considered that religion is something that people who are uneducated believe, or need some sort of support to help them get through life.  Anyway finally end this I am not religious and never will be.  I have tried listening to some parts of the bible and do not agree with what is written, but you can believe what you want i guess.  Just dont try and tell me im going to hell cause to be honest i really couldnt care less.  

P.S. if anyone actually reads that whole thing reply with your own opinions

P.S.S another concept I have hard to grasp is if religion is true, which religion is right?

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/8558/adeptp.png

Pop

Pop
    • RSN:L0L
    • IRC:Pop_R1ne
http://i0.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/003/326/127814606985.jpg

Retired,left undefeated.
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users