What if money was no object?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Onyx Wrath

Onyx Wrath
    • RSN:0nyx wrath
money is just a note of an IOU that has been going on for a really fucking long time. without money I would barter for what I desired. example: trading my coffee cup for your computer mouse, then trading your computer mouse for a lesser mouse+keyboard. gold was one of the first items that could be traded for an item based on "gold's and Item's" value.   in all reality you probably go insane if you had to live in a world where you couldn't trade with other people for what you wanted.   O BTW   your a dickhead if you didn't read what I just said.     I would do the same as I would be doing now. work to help society, Spend time with friends to enjoy the community, and the never ending mind expanding process that happens every day for me.

Posted Image

Say what you want and do as you feel because...

Those that MIND don't matter and the ones that don't do.

Posted Image

Loz\SxT

Loz\SxT
An organized society that involved trade of any form would be difficult if not impossible without money. Bartering only gets you as far as the goods you are able to provide is needed. Since money is used to allow for one to get goods that their goods necessarily could not be traded for, a world without money would probably be quite miserable, seeing as one wouldn't be able to get many things one would want. (If you've read John Locke he has a lot of interesting writings about currency).

In the event that none of the above would be true, people would still desire means to be superior, whether it be through political power or physical strength, the latter being more likely.

As for me, I would like to focus on music although it wouldn't be possible to sustain that life because there would be no money to make from my music, making me unable to support myself ^^

Spoiler

LOZ LINK07

Make sure sig smaller - Drunk

http://i49.tinypic.com/30t1c79.jpg

shut up drunk- loz

$Celine Dion

Celine Dion
Money provides power to those who have it and people will always want to be superior to others, and control the wealth or power if you will. We do not need technology or the capabilities of mass productions to eliminate the need for money. If mankind could leave at peace with one another and not be competitive and not be greed or envious, we could live today without the need for money.

@Chain

Chain
    • RSN:Chain Is Law
    • IRC:[CP]Chain

View PostRob, on 26 March 2013 - 07:47 AM, said:

Money provides power to those who have it and people will always want to be superior to others, and control the wealth or power if you will. We do not need technology or the capabilities of mass productions to eliminate the need for money. If mankind could leave at peace with one another and not be competitive and not be greed or envious, we could live today without the need for money.
What would you do in life if money wasn't an issue?

Posted Image

Tragic

Tragic
    • RSN:Tragic
being broke is the square root of all evil

Posted Image

Posted Image

Naseer

Naseer
    • RSN:bombing
    • IRC:[CP]Naseer
I would travel around the world help others, learn new things languages etc

Posted Image
David.gif

http://giant.gfycat.com/GlossyWigglyCaribou.gif

Spoiler

`Lodi

`Lodi

`Garrett|762

• RSN:CP Lodi
    • IRC:[CP]`Lodi
I'd make every donation to every good cause possible... take care of my friends and fam... have a tricked out garage to build some sweet ass custom cars and guns... I'd try to lay low, make sure people dont know i'm loaded, and try to make other peoples lives better.
Posted ImagePosted Image

rarecabbage

rarecabbage
    • RSN:rarecabbage

View Post8loodyarcher, on 25 March 2013 - 10:34 PM, said:

You will never escape money. It would just be replaced with other sources of currencies such as food, anatomical objects and brute POWER.

and you can't say having all the money in the world will help you achieve what you really want to in life because you will always have to cling to that money as the source of your happiness.

But i do understand the video and how i would go about my life is traveling the world and no, I don't mean that by being a tourist and staying at a 5 star hotel that has been completely Americanized. I want to learn about the countries history, the people (not the government)  I want to travel and see the beautiful geological wonders this world has to offer. I want to experience it for myself and not see it through a screen. I want to travel the national parks, see the northern lights, the different wildlife, the fauna (plants), the different languages, the great animal migrations, the different cultures and ways of going about life, the man made ancient wonders.

The world is beautiful and it makes me sad to think that even if money wasn't an issue i still would never get to see 5% of what this world has to offer.

I definitely agree with this. Money will always be a part of human society, or else society as we see now would not exist. Bartering can only get a society so far until it reaches a bottleneck--where it halts major progression. Some form of currency is needed to provide significant advancement for the human race as it creates order and forces motivation.

I also agree with traveling as much as I could. I don't want the money to just to throw it at every luxury that comes to me; I want it for a safety net and just to provide the basic needs to be able to travel wherever I want at whatever pace I choose. Haha, reminds me of this video..http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=at_f98qOGY0
I'd also go to space. That'd be badass.

"There is no cure for being a cunt."

Posted Image

Latkuz

Latkuz
    • RSN:Rowdy Gent
I would power train all my combat stats to become the first maxed pure in 07 scape without having to worry about making money.  In turn I could then become a really active, helpful member to the CP community.  Oh wait... the question is if IRL money wasn't an object what would I do...

The question isn't if money did not exist it's more so if money did not matter.  If money did not matter I would pursue my hobbies and interests I love like being outdoors snowboarding, traveling, meeting new people having a good time, etc.  But that would be more of a fantasy life.  The fact of the matter is to do these hobbies you enjoy you need a source of income but you can pursue jobs that may be more interesting to you than others that possibly pay more but because there is a better pay, there is more money to spend doing what you love.  It all depends how you look at it, just do what will ultimately make you happy and not happy temporarily.  I have seen many people happy doing jobs in relation to what they love that pay little, but also people who do what they love that pay well, it just depends on the person and circumstance but ultimately, we all die and what is important is what we make out of our life.  Some people value happiness, enjoyment, friends, etc. in life, others value success in life by fortune.  I can say from what I've seen that the people who do jobs that they love without keeping money into mind are generally very happy, but some of these people struggle economically so it all depends on how you look at it.  Many people find the happy medium but society is very materialistic and bases life's success on fortune.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0149/4340/t/7/assets/logo.png?2651

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

• RSN:Strpk X
    • IRC:[CP]Strpk
I believe money is what has driven our brillance since the world began connecting with eachother. I believe that without money we wouldnt have nearly any technological advances or knowledge we have in this day and age. For example the various resources we use to create such things such as energy, buildings to create further products, etc are gained through miners, skilled workers but why do they do that, not because they sit in a mine and love getting cancer but because they get money that is needed to produce the roof over their house and food on their table. If money didnt matter there would be no incentive to go work hard and suffer all day jus for minimum or low wage. People bag at grocery stores jus to get by because without it they wont make it. Imagine a world where money doesnt exsist or has no meaning,  people probally wouldnt know what to do with all there time but also how would the world work? there would no longer be limits on how much of something you can get. Stealing would in theory no longer be illegal because what ur stealing is essentially free because the value it had was based on money which has no value any longer. A world without money at this point would be chaos, we would have had to start from the beginning of no money but once again money makes the world function the way it does, without money the very life u kno would be flipped upside down.
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

“Once more into the fray...

Into the last good fight I'll ever know...

To live and die on this day...

To live and die on this day...”

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence
95+ Combat | 85+ Attack | 99+ Strength | 20+ Defense | 95+ Hitpoints | 65+ Prayer | 95+ Magic | 95+ Range

Proud %Council of Corrupt Pures

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users