What if money was no object?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
39 replies to this topic

Latkuz

Latkuz
    • RSN:Rowdy Gent

View PostStrpk, on 26 March 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I believe money is what has driven our brillance since the world began connecting with eachother. I believe that without money we wouldnt have nearly any technological advances or knowledge we have in this day and age. For example the various resources we use to create such things such as energy, buildings to create further products, etc are gained through miners, skilled workers but why do they do that, not because they sit in a mine and love getting cancer but because they get money that is needed to produce the roof over their house and food on their table. If money didnt matter there would be no incentive to go work hard and suffer all day jus for minimum or low wage. People bag at grocery stores jus to get by because without it they wont make it. Imagine a world where money doesnt exsist or has no meaning,  people probally wouldnt know what to do with all there time but also how would the world work? there would no longer be limits on how much of something you can get. Stealing would in theory no longer be illegal because what ur stealing is essentially free because the value it had was based on money which has no value any longer. A world without money at this point would be chaos, we would have had to start from the beginning of no money but once again money makes the world function the way it does, without money the very life u kno would be flipped upside down.
So in today's society if money did not matter to you what would you do?  A certain profession, hobby, etc?

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0149/4340/t/7/assets/logo.png?2651

Master Jig

Master Jig

King Of Posting

• RSN:Jig The KILL
Ancient records of human society indicated that they were using items like rat tails, bones, shiny rocks, or fur as common trading items.. so basically the earliest form of currency. when japan invaded china way back when... chinese ppl that were in camps used rice as currency.. but it was also food.. they had nothing really.. stripped of everything they owned before. all they really had access to was water and shelter.. and it wasnt a hotel...... like shacks and boxes.. which brings up and interesting point.. if a human thats stripped of everything is willing to use food AS currency... id say its safe to say that humans will ALWAYS have currency.. asking what if money was no object is like a contradiction in itself..

it would make more sense to ask what if humans didnt strive in society.. because as of current and a large portion of the past, money is what values a person IN SOCIETY (i am NOT saying that ppl are just worth what they make..) but when looking at the WORLD and ALL of the people on it... its something sort of like that.. you can tell by looking at any GROUP of celebrities or politicians.. the more money that one of them have... the more renowned... and thats a basic human trait.. to commune with others of our kind as almost every other living creature does.. money aint life... but id like to see the common person live without it
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4875/130327064918.png

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

• RSN:Strpk X
    • IRC:[CP]Strpk

View PostLatkuz, on 27 March 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

View PostStrpk, on 26 March 2013 - 11:57 PM, said:

I believe money is what has driven our brillance since the world began connecting with eachother. I believe that without money we wouldnt have nearly any technological advances or knowledge we have in this day and age. For example the various resources we use to create such things such as energy, buildings to create further products, etc are gained through miners, skilled workers but why do they do that, not because they sit in a mine and love getting cancer but because they get money that is needed to produce the roof over their house and food on their table. If money didnt matter there would be no incentive to go work hard and suffer all day jus for minimum or low wage. People bag at grocery stores jus to get by because without it they wont make it. Imagine a world where money doesnt exsist or has no meaning,  people probally wouldnt know what to do with all there time but also how would the world work? there would no longer be limits on how much of something you can get. Stealing would in theory no longer be illegal because what ur stealing is essentially free because the value it had was based on money which has no value any longer. A world without money at this point would be chaos, we would have had to start from the beginning of no money but once again money makes the world function the way it does, without money the very life u kno would be flipped upside down.
So in today's society if money did not matter to you what would you do?  A certain profession, hobby, etc?
well thats hard to answer because wat ur sayin is jus take money out of the equation of life and that leaves u with an unknown the real question is if money never exsisted what would u do? well i would do w/e i wanted to do or enjoyed which is the meaning of the video i guess
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

“Once more into the fray...

Into the last good fight I'll ever know...

To live and die on this day...

To live and die on this day...”

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence
95+ Combat | 85+ Attack | 99+ Strength | 20+ Defense | 95+ Hitpoints | 65+ Prayer | 95+ Magic | 95+ Range

Proud %Council of Corrupt Pures

Sinz

Sinz

My posts are so shit, you'd think I was Australian

• RSN:.
    • IRC:.
How are you guys answering the question if you don't know how to read? The topic is flying way over a lot of people.

I'll elaborate once more: What would YOU do if money didn't matter to YOU?

Let's say you retired. You have all the money you'll ever need, what would you do to use up the time that is not spent working?
Posted Image

Pur3zammy14

Pur3zammy14
    • RSN:D_4_L_Archer
I Would try and go beyond my fears.

i'm afraid of heights so i would want to reach a peak of a mountain im also afraid to go on a Sea ship so i would want to travel on a ship.
i fuck with emma stone.

@Chain

Chain
    • RSN:Chain Is Law
    • IRC:[CP]Chain

View Post`Sinz, on 27 March 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

How are you guys answering the question if you don't know how to read? The topic is flying way over a lot of people.

Let's say you retired. You have all the money you'll ever need, what would you do to use up the time that is not spent working?
That's my bad for putting the topic title as something irrelevant to the actual question.

Posted Image

Strpk

Strpk

Mossies

• RSN:Strpk X
    • IRC:[CP]Strpk
the question itself can be interpreted multiple ways i guess that might be why so many diff answers idk
Click Spoiler if cool

Spoiler

“Once more into the fray...

Into the last good fight I'll ever know...

To live and die on this day...

To live and die on this day...”

― The Grey

Strive for Excellence
95+ Combat | 85+ Attack | 99+ Strength | 20+ Defense | 95+ Hitpoints | 65+ Prayer | 95+ Magic | 95+ Range

Proud %Council of Corrupt Pures

Master Jig

Master Jig

King Of Posting

• RSN:Jig The KILL
id build a ferrari...

and steal a lot of stuff...
http://img585.imageshack.us/img585/4875/130327064918.png

Latkuz

Latkuz
    • RSN:Rowdy Gent

View Post`Sinz, on 27 March 2013 - 01:28 AM, said:

Not sure if retarded or this is a critical thinking forum where you're meant to critically analyze the topic at hand.

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0149/4340/t/7/assets/logo.png?2651

@Chain

Chain
    • RSN:Chain Is Law
    • IRC:[CP]Chain
This was more succesful than I thought it would be. Great job to the following....I'll start working on the next one!

Weak
Key
Matty
David
Feelthef1re
Weezy
Franco
Naseer
Furl
Flop
8loody
Sinz